AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #31
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Can't wait to see these WK's with the SA sliders.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #32
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Aside from the lift - this will probably be my favorite mod. Ive had a chance to see this, and observe there strength and design... I lose sleep thinking about these things... Cant wait for mine to be ready.
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #33
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Aside from the lift - this will probably be my favorite mod. Ive had a chance to see this, and observe there strength and design... I lose sleep thinking about these things... Cant wait for mine to be ready.
So are there pics of these super top secret sliders?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #34
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

lol they're not top secret, but they are super. You can take a look for yourself how they look at thesteelarmadillo.com - There are a few pictures of these on Sal's XK.
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #35
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Cool...have you seen the rear bumper for the WK?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #36
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Nah, I haven't seen one that they've created anyway. I know they are working on it though. Did you get like some sort of sneek-peak at it or something, lol?
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Nah, I haven't seen one that they've created anyway. I know they are working on it though. Did you get like some sort of sneek-peak at it or something, lol?
No sneak peek...no picture on their website.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Today my MLL+'s ( extended Monroe Load Levelers) arrived. Additional hardware was necessary to make sure they install correctly - they are actually made for the Ford F150. I used two washers at the top mounting locations to prevent any play in the mounting location. Installation was fairly easy.

I was trying to use a second jack I had to compress the shock into the slot - but I kept getting contact with the chassis which didn't help. After Sal laughed at me enough, I finally decided to try his method. It took me all but 5 minutes to get the passenger side in. Driver side took slightly longer due to the fuel tank, but I did some funny stuff to get that one in.

I measured 20.7" in the rear with all the skids, and my cargo full of crap pic below

passenger side took no time

tire on

Also finished up the work for my 4xG Ant mount - drill died in the middle of it.

All done

My spare OME shocks.

The ride is a little more firm in the rear - I love it. Cornering is a little better for me as well. Rear measured to be 22.5" from center cap to fender well... VERY pleased with this. Anyone comparing my previous pic's to this will clearly see there is additional room there in the wheel well area. Total yield from these shocks was 1.8" (with all the crap in my cargo).
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Just curiosity what was Sal's way? I'm assuming disconnecting the swaybar? I had 2 people, jacked it up as far as I could without disconnecting, put a second jack under the shock, compressed the shock, put a ratchet on it to hold it compressed, slid it in and used 2 screwdrivers to align. It was actually way more complicated than shocks should be in my opinion.

Oh and keep and eye on the rubber sleeves. They'll most likely slide down on you unless you glue them in place. (You probably know, just figured I'd remind you.)
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Explain the purpose, just to handle the extra weight of armor and cargo?
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #41
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post
Just curiosity what was Sal's way? I'm assuming disconnecting the swaybar? I had 2 people, jacked it up as far as I could without disconnecting, put a second jack under the shock, compressed the shock, put a ratchet on it to hold it compressed, slid it in and used 2 screwdrivers to align. It was actually way more complicated than shocks should be in my opinion.

Oh and keep and eye on the rubber sleeves. They'll most likely slide down on you unless you glue them in place. (You probably know, just figured I'd remind you.)
Yeah, Sal recommended me D/C the sway bar, and let the axle drop. Works well on the passenger side, driver side - fuel tank got in the way. On the Passenger side I used a combination of your method and Sal's.
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #42
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Aj can you please provide a link to these...for pricing. I am waiting on my OME kit to arrive, but I am really wanting the Jeep to sit sort of back end high even with a lift...what is your measurement up front?

I am thinking that the OME will level out the Jeep.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #43
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
Explain the purpose, just to handle the extra weight of armor and cargo?
Exactly - I didn't go with the OME HD, I went with MD. I also never expected to armor my WK out like this, or keep a small garage in my cargo area. And I still have Steel Armadillo Super Sliders to install - hopefully in a few weeks. All the while - the rear WAS sagging from all the weight. Not only did I want to restore the height, I wanted the rear to be a little higher than the front anyway.
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #44
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Aj can you please provide a link to these...for pricing. I am waiting on my OME kit to arrive, but I am really wanting the Jeep to sit sort of back end high even with a lift...what is your measurement up front?

I am thinking that the OME will level out the Jeep.....
the OME WILL level your Jeep out, and like you I wanted the rear a little higher... In the front regardless of MD or HD - You'll be at about 22.5". In the rear if you have half a tank, and no cargo, you'll be at about 21.5. These were my measurements last year.

I'm currently 22" in the front due to the front skid, and 4xG matrix.
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
the OME WILL level your Jeep out, and like you I wanted the rear a little higher... In the front regardless of MD or HD - You'll be at about 22.5". In the rear if you have half a tank, and no cargo, you'll be at about 21.5. These were my measurements last year.

I'm currently 22" in the front due to the front skid, and 4xG matrix.
OK awesome...where did you buy them?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2

Tags
285/70/17 , 3.7l , lifted , ome , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.