AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #406
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

So, some Jeep updates, sold the WJ to a family member and added a new Jeep to the stable today. It is a 2011 MK Patriot. Since I came to Missouri, these hills are eating my WK's mileage alive, so I got the MK, and I really needed a more suitable DD for work and daily commute. I still have my WK.

image.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #407
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Come visit us in Colorado. Or we should get a Moab group and hit the rocks

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #408
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post
Come visit us in Colorado. Or we should get a Moab group and hit the rocks

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
in Colorado, lol... I'll prob never get a chance to get out there until much later this year.
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #409
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ah nice I loved my old Patriot! Is it a 4x4? I had my dealership ship a Freedom Drive II equipped Pat to me from Arkansucks lol I miss ole Lee-Roy but Lee-Roy2.0 is definitely a dream ff road

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #410
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g View Post
Ah nice I loved my old Patriot! Is it a 4x4? I had my dealership ship a Freedom Drive II equipped Pat to me from Arkansucks lol I miss ole Lee-Roy but Lee-Roy2.0 is definitely a dream ff road

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah it has the 4x4 with the 2.4L. I enjoy it so much. Getting 25-28 on the Highway, in MO, is just awesome. The pat gets slightly more driving range than my WK, with an 8 gallon smaller gas tank. It's incredible. Anyway, lol - I'm not here to sway the minds of WK owners, lol. I still love my WK, and when no one turns there head to look at my patty, it sucks. So if I want your attention i'll drive the WK, lmao.
Unread 05-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #411
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice AJ! I have thought about getting a MK, but I can't justify it since it wont be able to touch my car's 40mpg. I would love to drive a Jeep every day though Too bad they don't have a diesel version!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #412
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Nice AJ! I have thought about getting a MK, but I can't justify it since it wont be able to touch my car's 40mpg. I would love to drive a Jeep every day though Too bad they don't have a diesel version!
OMG, if they came with a diesel... lmfao, I would have been ALL over that... I've never driven a vehicle that got more than 20mpg, so something that gets 40 is like winning the lottery to me. But you should continue to entertain those thoughts of getting a baby Jeep for around town. It's nice though, it doesn't have all the luxuries and bells and whistles, but it's quiet, efficient, simple, clean... and just put together really well. It's something I can let my gf drive in the future when I start a fam. It's awesome.

got her feet wet
mkaj.jpg  
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #413
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can fit TJ Rubi MOAB wheels on that. All you need is hub centric rings (which I have since I sold my rims to Just Jeeps out of Austin, TX). I'd sell them to you for super fracken cheap if you get those rims. Lemme know brosef. I am all in the know of Patriot stuff. There's a forum for them too that I'm on that's full of great information and people. It's more useful than the MK section on here. I have the same username over there.
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #414
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya I know what you are saying AJ. It want one, but it doesn't make sense for me right now. I own my car (ever since I bought it) and it only has just over 100k on it. It has been problem free and is very cheap to run, so I just can't justify selling it and making payments on a DD vehicle that would get 10mpg less. Also I would have a hard time keeping it stock With a small lift and some 32s they look so much better! And like Kenny mentioned, the TJ Moabs look awesome on them.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #415
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

You couldn't ever fit 32s on there. With spacers, the RRO lift, and right tire size you could only fit a 30"er max. Kinda sh*tty but oh well.
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #416
sunoff
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g View Post
You couldn't ever fit 32s on there. With spacers, the RRO lift, and right tire size you could only fit a 30"er max. Kinda sh*tty but oh well.
Nobody puts Omelet in the corner.
sunoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #417
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

lol - I will figure it out... I will get bigger tires on it.. but not much bigger. I appreciate how it drives as a stock vehicle so much that I probably won't do anything other than a rack with some lights and recovery points. I took a look at the jeep TJ rubi wheels, and I think I'd like that approach on the MK... that's not bad...
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #418
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do it man, it looks great. Honestly I'd probably just send the hub centric rings to you if you bought the TJ Rubis cause they're expensive as balls to have custom made and I got mine from Discount Tire for free after chatting with a DT rep on another forum. Anyway but yea lemme know if you get those wheels and I'll send the rings to you.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #419
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I'll get with you as soon as I find some wheels.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #420
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good man.

Tags
285/70/17 , 3.7l , lifted , ome , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.