Airbag light coming on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Airbag light coming on

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
BenReilly

Airbag light coming on

I tried searching but i couldn't really find what i needed. So In my wifes '05 GC the airbag indicator turns on randomly in the dash. I can get it to stay off....If i have a passenger. The only time it comes on and off is when there isn't anyone in the passenger seat. The passenger airbag indicator in the center is working like it should. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm going to make an appointment to get it checked out, i just wanted to double check and see if you guys had ever had that problem before.

Thanks!

BenReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
Sounds like the sensor in the seat is faulty or out of calibration.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

i used to have that problem all the time, but now i dont. i have no idea what changed, could be that when i unplugged the battery that it fixed it.
Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tednelson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
BenReilly

I think before i make the appointment, i may try and disconnect the battery. And see if it will correct itself, if not i'll take her in.....Thanks guys.
BenReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

probably out of calibration...mines done this. I put my laptop and backpack in the front passenger seat before I started it up. The sensor must have read that this is the minimum weight that was to be on the seat everytime I started the vehicle up...anything less than that weight triggered the light.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.