Airbag Light - 1 fix confirmed. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Airbag Light - 1 fix confirmed.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
gemiller
2008 WK 

Airbag Light - 1 fix confirmed.

The other day I was pulling my boat and my trailer light shorted and popped my running light fuse on the vehicle. I pulled the spare fuse from the spare location and got her back all working, or so I thought. I found the next morning that my airbag system was in alarm and wouldn't disable. After a search I dug up a bunch of possible fixes, including: http://www.**********.org/f5/now-air...-on-31950.html

I can confirm, that the "spare" fuse in the jeep is not in fact spare, but is somehow tied to the air bag system. By replacing the spare fuse it will re-engage and activate the air bag system. So on your wk, not leaving spare fuse slots empty unless you want issues

gemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Sneaky2Toes
2005 WK 

I know mine is related to the wires under the driver seat. If I put the seat all the way back, it disturbs them enough to create a short somewhere and then I have the airbag light. If I reach under the seat and move the wires, the problem goes away. Took awhile to find the source. The dealer originally replaced the driver seat belt lock since that is what the Starscan told them was the issue. Problem still happened after replacing the lock and it wasn't until I noticed it only happened when I moved the seat.
Sneaky2Toes is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.