Ahhhhh!!! Its raining inside my jeep and it's sunny out!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ahhhhh!!! Its raining inside my jeep and it's sunny out!!!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
StormTrooperWK
2005 WK 

Ahhhhh!!! Its raining inside my jeep and it's sunny out!!!!!

I'm the proud owner of the 2005 4.7L Jeep Grand Cherokee and last Saturday night we got 4" of snow, and on Sunday morning it was a bright 45 degree day with the sun beaming down. After a long night of dealing with my alarm going off at random, I went outside to knock the ice and such from underneath the car as I let it warm up. 5 minutes later I took off only to find that my EVIC said my Liftgate was open(it definitely wasn't) and when I got to the first stop light I slowly came to stop. I heard a huge rush of water come to the front of the car just above my head and water began leaking from the "A" pillars and the overhead console. I was getting my second shower of the day and I turned right back home pissed as F**K!!!!
That whole night I researched the problems to a fine point and found that there was a "situation" and that the "bomb could be deciphered."
The following day I took the dealership and behold!!! My research paid off. All the sunroof drains were clogged and the liftgate error was causing my alarm to go off and a faulty liftgate opener caused the EVIC liftgate error to come up. After reading endless threads about the repairs I was scared to see the final bill but to my surprise, becoming good friends with the guys in the service department came out to be a positive or me and my wallet.

Final Bill:
1.) Disassembled sunroof, "A" pillars, and front overhead console. Found all 4 sunroof drain hoses to be clogged. Ran pipe cleaner through and blew compressed air through all tubes. Reinstalled, tested, and found everything to work perfectly.
Time: .5 hrs ------------est. Cost/labor--$42.50

2.) Reset EVIC and disassembled rear liftgate window latch. Adjusted window pop on latch and found no problem with the system. Completed adjustment on window pop and repositioned.
Time: .5 hrs ------------est. Cost/labor--$42.50

-———Total Costs and Labor fees -------------$85.00

^^^ I was happy to see this. Everything is perfect now and the jeeps back to perfect. 52,000 miles and running beautifully!!!!

If anyone has questions about their cars and having these issues. It's probably exactly what I mentioned here. SO DON'T WORRY!!!! It wont and shouldn't cost you more than $100 bucks!!

Unread 03-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow dude that is pretty cheap you got lucky on that one.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
StormTrooperWK
2005 WK 

yeah I feel like I got reeeeeaaalllyyyyy lucky

I've heard prices between $200 all the way up to $1000....

Im just glad that it was only the sunroof drain tubes that were causing the problem...bottom line is,
***IF ANYONE has these problems that I had. 99% of the time, the things causing it are exactly what were causing my problems....have your dealership check the sunroof drains running down the "A" & "B" Pillars. They may be pinched from poor effort during manufacturing of the vehicle or clogged with a bunch of crap from outside....just dont freak out and rip your ceiling panels off trying to DIY(i was close to doing it) just call your dealership. They know whats up.
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
lagonwagon
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperWK View Post
just call your dealership. They know whats up.
ahhhhhh do I have to? I hate my dealer! In all seriousness, I'm really happy it all worked out for you. I can only imagine how pissed you were after your alarm was going off all night, then the EVIC error and to ice the cake, having water pouring into your interior. I would have had to step away from the jeep for a while in order to not take my frustrations out on it.
2007 WK Limited (white), QDII, Hemi, OME HD lift, JBA UCA's, Treadwright Guard Dogs 32.25's, Fuel wheels, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 4xGuard rails & belly skid, Saguaro 4x front shackle mounts, tow hitch shackle mount [B][COLOR="Blue"](SOLD)[/COLOR][/B]
lagonwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagonwagon
I hate my dealer!
Lol, I bought my WK from a ford dealer, and they told me bring it there for repairs, not the jeep dealership lol. That dealership has about 20 new dodge trucks,about 30 used cars, 1 new rubi 1 new compass and 1 new wk2. Not what id call a jeep dealership.(well chrysler dodge jeep)
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
MRsandman1106
2005 WK 

Yep, had this problem twice, had it fixed twice, and having it once again. Poor design by Jeep.
http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_2305004.pdf
MRsandman1106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
lagonwagon
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperWK View Post
They know whats up.
I love to hear when people have good experiences at dealerships and that dealers are competent, knowledgeable and friendly. I have a Nissan Pathfinder(wifes) and take it to the dealer for everything because they do a great job and our service advisor is great!
The service side of my jeep dealer seems to be disconnected and inexperienced when it comes to the WK. Case in point, I had a trany leak that I knew about. It was small so I wasn't sweating it too much. I took it in for an oil change(which I will do myself from now on.) and they noticed the leak and recommended I bring it back and have them diagnose the problem. They labeled it as a possible main seal leak though. That kind of scared me because I could see the $ signs. I finally got a chance to get up under there and take a good look, thinking it might be either the trany cooler lines(known problem) or the pan gasket. There was no fluid anywhere other than right around the trany pan. So I did a fluid and filter change on the trany and the kit from O'Reilly's came with a rubber gasket that the factory fails to use. Low and behold, no more fluid leak. Acoms razor.

I am happy that I am getting back into working on my own vehicle again though. I have saved myself a lot of money and am enjoying the experience.....for the most part.

ST, thanks again for the info. If the dealer were to charge me the amount that they charged you I would probably still take it to them just to save myself the work. Although I hope I never have to go through what you did.
2007 WK Limited (white), QDII, Hemi, OME HD lift, JBA UCA's, Treadwright Guard Dogs 32.25's, Fuel wheels, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 4xGuard rails & belly skid, Saguaro 4x front shackle mounts, tow hitch shackle mount [B][COLOR="Blue"](SOLD)[/COLOR][/B]
lagonwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.