Aftermarket sunroof in a Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Aftermarket sunroof in a Grand Cherokee

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
lawdawg

Aftermarket sunroof in a Grand Cherokee

Anybody have any experiences with an aftermarket sunroof?

The gf is planning on taking advantage of the "One Week to Deal" offers that Jeep is making this weekend, but she can't find a Grand Cherokee exactly like she wants. The closest she has found is lacking a sunroof, and the dealer wants to install one. I've never heard a good story about an aftermarked sunroof, but I don't know anyone who's had one installed lately.

What do y'all think? Have they progressed any, or are they still the leak-prone disasters that I've always heard them to be?

33 x 12.50 Xterrains
15 x 10 Weld Mountain Crushers
Warn front and rear bumper with tire carrier
Toys by Troy Rock Steps
Bushwhacker 6" Pocket Flares
Eight Ball shift knob (adds at least 10 hp)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
lawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Tispco

IMO, I would keep looking. I have an aftermarket sunroof in my Cherokee. It has leaked once and it has not opened and closed properly for 10 years after 4 trips to the various installers. Also, the quality and integration of the aftermarket sunroof is not as good.
Rocky Road Armor

07 RockRed Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.7L V-8
QuadraDrive II
Off-Road Package
Tispco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
DanPorges

I know this is a very old thread, but worthy of a response for everyone's knowledge...

I think its very dependent on the company doing the install for the dealership. I have had GREAT experiences with a local place that uses Hollandia sunroofs in Grand Cherokees. Hollandia is the company that actually makes the roof for the Liberty, Compass and many other Jeep and Chrysler vehicles. their 700 series in 24" width is a perfect fit and the JGC is actually a very EASY install for a well trained person to conduct. They usually come with a 3yr/36k warranty and lifetime installation guarantee which would cover the mechanics of the roof for the former and the leak proof aspect for life.
DanPorges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.