After market radio no sound - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > After market radio no sound

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
BasicConcepts

After market radio no sound

so i was searching this forum and found quite a few threads on this issue but nothing really solved my problem.

i have an 05 grand cherokee 4.7L and after installing my new pioneer head unit i get no sound. i do have the premium sound package so there is a stock amp. how the heck do i get sound to come out?

i really dont want to rewire my speakers as its just too much of a pain in the butt.

BasicConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Luck06
2006 WK 

You need the correct can bus adapter, check with PAC or Metra. I'm not sure of the actual part number, but they both make adapters for use with factory amps. Just don't expect too much as far as sound quality goes, and they aren't cheap either. IMO, you'd be better off just replacing the factory stuff. I just did mine last weekend, only cost me about $225 for the amp, speakers, and wiring kit and it sounds 100x better! Oh and it looks cool too.

- 2" RC lift, 1.5" RC Spacers, 58643 MLL's, !Pinch Weld, Spyder Bull Bar, 130w KC Daylighters, Spyder LED Tails, Taillight Guards, Silverstar ZXE's, Interior LEDs, Kenwood 6" DVD/NAV, 12" Audiobahn Sub
Luck06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Luck06
2006 WK 

Oh and I just tapped into my existing wiring for the speakers, no need to rewire.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
BasicConcepts

i dont really plan on running any subs i only want the aftermarket deck to run my ipod through the aux port. plus another 225$ is out of the question, im already in this thing 250$.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Luck06
2006 WK 

The amp on the left is the one I was referring to, it is powering my door speakers. What harness/adapter are you using now? You'll be looking at at least $100 to buy the one you need, unless you can find a used one on eBay. If I were you, I would just invest that money into an aftermarket amp instead. You can always replace the speakers later. Just my $.02
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
BasicConcepts

screw it im just going to run all new wiring to the speakers from the HU i really dont want to spend another dime just so i dont have to use cds. i appreciate all your help and believe me if i had the money i would do it the right way but with the economy i cant spend any more money on this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.