AEV/Superlift EGR Module - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AEV/Superlift EGR Module

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
XK1982
2006 XK Commander 

AEV/Superlift EGR Module

For those that have the AEV/Superlift Recalibration Module, does it work well for you? It says corrects most ESP issues at low speeds, how does it work when cornering at higher speeds? Do you think it's worth it? Also any tips on where I could find one for an 06' XK? Everywhere is on backorder.

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Related question - the EGR module has a recalibration mode where you can reset the speedometer and odometer for larger tires. Instructions state you plug it into OBDII, let the relays chatter away, and then it's all set.. Plugging it inline under the dash is for the actual ESP issues when lifted and changing the geometry ...

My speedometer changed not at all after following the instructions. I've emailed them twice, tried calling a couple of times (got a discontinued service message).. Anyone out there with experience on this thing know what I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not?
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well I have been running a SL without the EGR module for over a year now and only just got the EGR a week ago. I have made it a habit to hit the ESP button upon start up every time. That method worked great for the past year, but I was still getting ESP activation fairly often. I had to learn how to drive the Jeep to minimize activation. As much as I could have continued driving without the EGR I have been trying to fix and do things to the Jeep so that when I deploy my wife has little to no issues with it. So I bought the EGR from Kolak for a great price, but had to wait until AVE got around to making more of them. I just got it a week ago, so chances are he can probably still get one for you. I have enjoyed driving with it and although I have had ESP activate a couple of time, it isn't nearly as often as it was before!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
XK1982
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Well I have been running a SL without the EGR module for over a year now and only just got the EGR a week ago. I have made it a habit to hit the ESP button upon start up every time. That method worked great for the past year, but I was still getting ESP activation fairly often. I had to learn how to drive the Jeep to minimize activation. As much as I could have continued driving without the EGR I have been trying to fix and do things to the Jeep so that when I deploy my wife has little to no issues with it. So I bought the EGR from Kolak for a great price, but had to wait until AVE got around to making more of them. I just got it a week ago, so chances are he can probably still get one for you. I have enjoyed driving with it and although I have had ESP activate a couple of time, it isn't nearly as often as it was before!
Thanks for the info! I'll have to check with Kolak as well to see if he can get me one for my 06. In the same boat, when my girlfriend or parents need to use the Jeep I'd prefer to have the module installed so the ESP doesn't start getting all crazy while their driving. Plus I like the idea of being able to adjust the shift points for the larger tires as well as (hopefully) correcting the speedometer.
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
XK1982
2006 XK Commander 

Follow-up on the AEV Module. I installed it, adjusted tire size, shift points and speedometer. Everything worked great for a week or two. I didn't even have to press and hold the esp button. Then all of the sudden for no reason the next time I went to drive the jeep the esp starting activating even with the slightest turns and slow speeds. It was like I didn't have the module at all. Has this happend to anyone else? Seems like the module just stopped working. Now I'm hitting my esp button again haha
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Did one of the plugs come loose?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
XK1982
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Did one of the plugs come loose?
I guess it's possible but I haven't checked yet. I'll keep you posted on what I find this weekend!
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
RthrBN4LO
2006 WK 

Quote:
Question: How is the ESP still activating when you turned it off every time? Did Jeep program it so that ESP never really turns off completely? I'm wondering what effect this has over the long term when wheeling or otherwise when ESP causes unsettling grinding noises from the front end. Any reason to worry about premature failure or worn parts from this?
RthrBN4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.