AEM Brute Force Intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AEM Brute Force Intake

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
adhir

AEM Brute Force Intake

Any opinions on this:

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filt...0A2152540.aspx

Thanks

adhir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
bullaculla

I'd rather pay a little more and get the Airaid intake.
http://www.airaid.com/310-200_jeep.asp
Unread 05-15-2006, 03:38 AM   #3
bullaculla

Also Mopar makes one for the WK hemi, they might release one for the XK hemi soon too. I'm sure will someone correct me if i'm wrong but I think K&N makes it for Mopar.
Unread 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
XKShawn

I spoke with someone at Quadratec (who specialize in jeep mods and accessories) and they said that the Airaid is easily the best and they recommend it over K&N and AEM. It's available at autoanything.com for $278.95, but you might need to call their 1-800 number because the web site doesn't specifically tell you the price (just a range).
XKShawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
adhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKShawn
I spoke with someone at Quadratec (who specialize in jeep mods and accessories) and they said that the Airaid is easily the best and they recommend it over K&N and AEM. It's available at autoanything.com for $278.95, but you might need to call their 1-800 number because the web site doesn't specifically tell you the price (just a range).
Have you installed one in yours yet? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these -- don't feel like rigging up my own.
adhir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
XKShawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhir
Have you installed one in yours yet? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these -- don't feel like rigging up my own.
Not yet, but he said that it only takes 20-30 minutes for a non-mechanic. I removed my stock intake a few weeks ago (exploratory surgery ) and it was pretty easy. I will definitely be getting it, just not sure when...
XKShawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
geng77

i guess this adds more horses under the hood and also eats more gas?
geng77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2006, 01:25 AM   #8
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by geng77
i guess this adds more horses under the hood and also eats more gas?
It should add more HP under the hood. The engine doesn’t have to work as hard to get air. And you won't see a drop in MPG if you go easy on the skinny peddle.

Wish K&N would get off their âss and come out with their FIPK for the XK / WK with the HEMI. I get at least one call a week about them. Until they do, go with the Airaid system. Its decent, all though not as good as K&N IMO.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?

Last edited by jeep_on; 05-31-2006 at 02:59 AM..
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.