Advice on a lift and tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Advice on a lift and tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
Kbjr86

Advice on a lift and tires

I have an 05 laredo awd im looking to lift it im not looki to lift it that much im jist not sure what a good lift would be without having toreplace a bunch of parts ve looked at pucks im just not sure and im wondering whats the biggest size tires i could fit on the stock wheels any help is great its my first jeep so im not sure

Kbjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

Theres lots of info if you search around, you can find all the positives and negatives of each lift

You'll find it comes down to the basic three types

Budget boost lifts which have spacers front and rear there are lots of manufacturers for these
Rough country is a popular one
1.5"-2.5"

Spring lifts old man emu is the most popular and you can get a set separately or with new shocks
2.5"-3"

Full lift kits that correct the geometry and lift over 4"-6"+

265/70/17 is popular with the spacer lifts and ome springs.

Lots of people with 285/70/17 with spacer lifts and wheel spacers too but they dont leave much room for flex

There are also variations of each lift
Unread 06-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Kbjr86

Thanks for the reply im prolly looking for a 2" budget lift with an upgrade on my tires my thing is would i have toreplace the shocks aswell or would the stock shocks hold up
Kbjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbjr86 View Post
Thanks for the reply im prolly looking for a 2" budget lift with an upgrade on my tires my thing is would i have toreplace the shocks aswell or would the stock shocks hold up
Obviously new shocks are better but if not in the budget I have stock shocks on the front i'm about to replace and aside from being worn out and floaty they hold up just fine.
If anything when doing a bb get some longer rear shocks to get some more travel

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.