adjust seat height? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > adjust seat height?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
chad1279
2005 WK 

adjust seat height?

I just bought a '05 laredo. The driver's seat seems like it has been raised. It sits about 2 or 3 inches higher than the passenger seat. Only the front of the seat can be mechanically raised and lowered. Is there some kind of adjustable bolt beneath the seat so that I can lower the seat? I am 6'3" and my head barely clears the roof while sitting in the driver's seat.

chad1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
T-Rated

Isn't it a power seat? The seat control lever controls the front and back of the seat, so lifting up or pushing down on the front end of the paddle controls the front edge, and the same for the back edge of the paddle.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
chad1279
2005 WK 

Yes they are power seats, but the back of the paddle does nothing. Jeep dealer said the seat motor works as it should. He said the seat is adjustable but you have to pull the seat out and adjust something underneath by hand. He had like 8vehicles in front of mine and couldn't get to it. I was thinking if it's easily adjusted I would do it myself, so here I am.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that the Laredo seat is only electrically adjustable on the front (nearest the steering wheel).
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
T-Rated

I have a Limited, but I believe they both have the same seat mechanisms -- the 8-Way power adjustable:
Front up/down
Rear up/down
Backrest tilt front/back
Slide forwards/backwards

I'd sure like to hear what that dealer (or someone else) thinks is adjustable by hand.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
chad1279
2005 WK 

It will do all those except rear up/down. Somebody with a laredo let me know what kind of movement you get out of your seats.
Unread 08-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
merlinTec

Hi
I am with the others and say your seat should do it.
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #7
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

, im 6'3 too and can barely clear my head sitting in my laredo, but once in, i have plenty of leg room and head room. on the other side though, i have never heard of anything that can be adjusted from underneath the seat...hummm thats strange. i usually push on the seat button by applying equal force on both edges, then tilt the back alittle and bring the seat all the way to the back; no one seats back there anyways.
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
chad1279
2005 WK 

Hey bull blaster, do you have a laredo with power seats? If so, can you move you seat in all the directions that t-rated listed above? I'm now trying to figure out if the motor in my seat is functioning correctly.
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1279
Hey bull blaster, do you have a laredo with power seats? If so, can you move you seat in all the directions that t-rated listed above? I'm now trying to figure out if the motor in my seat is functioning correctly.
my 05 laredo got the from driver power seat only, and yes i can move it in all directions the direction T-rated listed. sounds to me if you're not getting the 8 way positions, then there is for sure something wrong with that seat motor.
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #10
CurtP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1279
I just bought a '05 laredo. The driver's seat seems like it has been raised. It sits about 2 or 3 inches higher than the passenger seat.
Mine was the exact same way when I picked it up. I couldn't figure out why I was sitting up so high and couldn't move the seat down. After moving the seat through it's range of adjustments several times, the rear part of the seat bottom started moving again. I think I moved the front part of the seat bottom all the way up, then pushed both the front and back parts of the switch down and the whole seat cushion finally went down. It was like it was stuck or something. Seems fine now.

*Edit* - I have an '06 Limited.
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.