Adding Factory Tow wiring harness to 2wd v6 Commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Adding Factory Tow wiring harness to 2wd v6 Commander

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
rstrickl
2007 XK Commander 

Adding Factory Tow wiring harness to 2wd v6 Commander

Hi,
I'm getting the run around on the correct tow 7-way wiring harness fro a 2007 v6 2wd Commander. Originally sold p/n 82211150 which splices into Foward Control Module but does not use the tow relays for turn/stop but instead uses the Rear Left/Right trun signal control lines for turn/stop. Everything works except the problem is the turn signals on the commander do not light up during braking, even though they are behind the red tail light lens. I've noticed newer Grand cherokees whose tail lights work this way too. How can this tow harness be correct??? The other part number 82209766 use the tailight wiring to connect and uses the tow relays for turn/stop. I've been told that this is also only for 4wd and v8 Commanders. So I'm very confused and frustrated right now. Anyone know more about this?

rstrickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Radiac

Did you have the dealer activate the trailer lights? They need to do that before they will work, at least I had to on my '06.

[B]Hers: 2004 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B]
[URL=http://simpson260.com/hosting/jeeps/04jeep.htm]Pictures Here[/URL]
Radiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
rstrickl
2007 XK Commander 

Yep that would work if I could use the 2nd p/n 82209766 that uses the tow relays, then the dealer enables the relays via the star scan tool and life is good. I just looked tonite and the wires are missing to the rear left tail light that would allow connecting the tow relays via the supplied connector to the tow plug, so I can't use that p/n..darn it. I think on 2006 this was the only p/n but on 2007 they left off some wires on the 2wd v6 and you have to use the splice p/n 82211150. That still leaves me with this harness not working because of the rear turn lamps not coming on during braking.......

Last edited by rstrickl; 09-07-2007 at 09:33 AM..
rstrickl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.