Added Care or Maximum Care?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Added Care or Maximum Care??

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
shimmy59
2008 WK 

Added Care or Maximum Care??

I'm looking at an 08 GC. I know they come with a lifetime powertrain warranty that covers the mechanical stuff but I'm mostly concerned with the computer that controls the mechanical stuff and all the little extras.

So, what is the coverage difference between the Chrysler offerings of Added Care Plus vs. Maximum Care Plus? It seems like the Maximum Care offers nice little things like trip planning, Auto Valet Service, and additional towing but is there any additional parts that this covers?

Thanks!

shimmy59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
RFisher

I am wondering the same thing. Maximum care cost more, but is supposed to be the bumper to bumper type of warranty. Only specific info I can find what is covered is a list of 5000 items from one of the online websites compared to 800 items on the Added Care. However, I do not see things such as brakes, catylitic converter, rotors. Added care seems to indicate more of a modular type of coverage. For example, transmission and everything in it. Where as, Maximum care you seem to have to look at it in itemized lists, such as, labor to replace a gasket, gasket material, bearings, etc., etc..

I go nutts trying to figure this one out myself. Why not just spell the covered components on Max care as bumper to bumper and list things that are not covered period!

I called this dealership, they claim to sell about 80 extend warrantys per month online, that is why they are selling them lower than local dealerships. Seems to be ligitimate, I plan to purchase one later on when my finances are in better shape. http://chrysler-jeep-dodge-warranty....ty-pricing.asp
RFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
LuauFish
2008 WK 

I went with the max care. Also, check out this chrysler dealer's website for pricing that probably can't be beat. The site also lists coverage info.

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/lifetime.htm

My dealership matched the $1600 max care lifetime $100 deductible pricing but first offered it to me for ~$2600.

Mark
LuauFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
LuauFish
2008 WK 

Forgot to mention that I can't take credit for finding that site.....someone here posted it a few months ago when I was shopping. I was certainly grateful.
LuauFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
iere

I am not an expert but here is my opinion on a few things.

Catalytic convertors fall under the epa emissions guidelines and have to be covered by the manufacturer for a specified number of miles, I want to say 75k but I forget and it could have changed by now.

but basically the catalytic convertor is a wear item and it will have issues so it is not something to cover with a warranty.

While some rotors in a brake system can be defective they are also a wear item and especially a problem depending on how someone drives and takes care of the brake pads and other parts of the brake system.

I got a diesel so I did not get into this but my extended warranty does get into some of this with gaskets and what not and I paid for the premium because it does cover more. I am only covered for 5 yrs or 100k miles.

Basically some stuff is going to wear out, just like tires. The rims the tires go on should not wear out so the rims can be covered but trying to warranty tires is pretty difficult.

Like I said, I am not an expert on this stuff and I did not read what you folks are reading.

But some of the stuff mentioned is a wear item. It will wear out and you will have to fork out the funds to replace it.

If I had bought a gasser I would have gone for the most coverage I could get.

But my last vehicle beat me up pretty hard on some repairs so I am currently reacting that way because of previous experience.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #6
RFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauFish View Post
I went with the max care. Also, check out this chrysler dealer's website for pricing that probably can't be beat. The site also lists coverage info.

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/lifetime.htm

My dealership matched the $1600 max care lifetime $100 deductible pricing but first offered it to me for ~$2600.

Mark

I have a question for you about your extended contract. If you go to this website, and enter you vin number, does it show your contract and your coverage on there?

http://www.servicecontracts.daimlerc...ice.jsp?DATA=N

Also did you get something with specific details about your coverage. And finally, did you get free oil changes with this Max Care plan?

Thanks
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
shimmy59
2008 WK 

All above is great info, but to my original question, does anyone know the difference between the Added Care and Maximum care? In other words, what parts does Maximum Care cover that the Added Care doesn't?
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
2008OverlandCRD
2008 WK 

Look at Jeep's website. It is a pretty comprehensive list of things the added care and max care cover. I am not sure about your question on the difference because it is pretty clear on the website. Just read through both of them.
2008OverlandCRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
RFisher

Well... I did see this online:

800 items for Added Care, 5000+ items for Max Care. Max Care is supposed to cover everything unless it is written as excluded. I mean to say, If that statement is correct.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
surfdogs
2008 JK Wrangler 

It was explained to me that max care is everything except a short list (like clutch parts on a manual trans...), and added care is more about true warranty items, not things that will fail prior to 100k miles. For example, the CD player will likely wear out before 100k, and it's covered by max care, but not added care.

I also chose max care on both my wrangler and commander because it was zero deductible, including first day rental. Basically, even if I drop my car off for an oil change, I get a free rental for the day, which saves a bit of trouble.
surfdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
shimmy59
2008 WK 

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it covered everything except wear item but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something or assuming.

For the few hundred more, the Max Care looks like it it well worth it.
Unread 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
RFisher

wondering about this, if something wears out? Who determines if the, "engine is just worn out?" I mean to say, they could imply that it is not covered because it simply has reached the worn out stage. Is that correct?
Unread 02-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
rkoz1
2007 WK 

Extended warranty

Can the extended warranty be purchased at any time priotr to reaching the 3yr. 36,000 mile period. Or is it different with the lifetime warranty
rkoz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #14
shimmy59
2008 WK 

To me wear items would include brakes, tires, belts, hoses and filters. The things that are scheduled to be replaced and those wouldn't include the entire engine.
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #15
betorok
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I believe the extended warrantly can be applied within the first 48 months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.