AC slowly dying....again - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AC slowly dying....again

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
theendresult
2008 WK 

AC slowly dying....again

Anyone else have a issue with a really weak ac system? My jeeps a 2008 grand cherokee crd and it slowly started blowing warm air with the ac on during the summer of 2011. I finally got tired of no ac so I took it to the dealer and had them recharge the system. They said everything seemed to be working good and it was blowing reasonably cold when I drove it home. That was a week ago and now it only works good at night while on the highway. Driving in the city it doesnt work at all. The fan is working fine.

Id like to hopefully narrow the issue down before I bring it back to them as Im sure this bill is going to clean my pockets.

Does it sound like a leak? or is the ac pump on it way out being that it doesnt blow cold under 2000 rpms?

Thanks in advance for any help

Unread 08-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
cntryboy_88
2008 WK 

Worst case is going to be the evap core cost me 1200 but that's last resort
cntryboy_88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.