AC repair on a 2005 WK 3.7 jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AC repair on a 2005 WK 3.7 jeep

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
Pjeepie
2005 WK 

AC repair on a 2005 WK 3.7 jeep

I was just wondering if anybody has any tricks for AC repair on the jeep. I had replaced my sons condenser due to the fact that the transmission cooler was leaking. The AC compressor and all the components were working fine before I will place the condenser. After putting everything back together I made sure that I used new seals, and I also replaced the dryer with new seals also. I have evacuated the system with an AC pump, got it down to 30 hg of Mercury. I let it sit overnight. It went back to zero on the gauges. I also made sure I lubricated all the seals with PAG oil. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.: confused:

Unread 04-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
GoLeafsGo
2005 WK 

Did you check the blend doors to see if they're working fine?

If you're unsure, search the site for 'blend doors' and you'll find a tonne of stuff. It's easily the biggest AC issue with Jeeps.
GoLeafsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Pjeepie
2005 WK 

I appreciate your feedback. But it's not that the AC is not blowing through the vents. I'm having trouble getting the system to hold a vacuum. If the system won't hold a vacuum I can refill it with all the Freon that the system will hold and it will just leak out the next day. I ended up replacing every rubber seal I could find and I also replaced the Schrader valves for the high side and the low side. And that seem to do the trick, because it is now holding the vacuum. I'll be able to recharge the system and get it back on the road.

Unread 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

Glad you fixed it. Thanks for sharing.
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.