98 ZJ Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 98 ZJ Issue

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
eddiebrown
1998 ZJ 

98 ZJ Issue

Hello fellow Jeep owners,

I have a 98 zj laredo 5.9L 168000km's and I may have messed it up. I was at the grocery store and driving through some snow banks well because I am in a Jeep. Anyways I get onto the freeway and am traveling at around 120km/h when I notice my transmission is slipping, and some smoke from the hood. So I pulled it over and popped the hood to find that I had ripped off the lower transmission cooler hose, and the fluid was pissing out. So I had a taxi take me home and returned to my vehicle with some fluid and put the hoze back on and filled er up. Let it run for about twenty minutes tried to put er in gear and it wouldn't move. I let it idle for a few more minutes and tried a few more times, with no luck. Is it possible that I ruined my transmission in that short of a time?
I will be troubleshooting it this evening when it arrives from a tow. I'm going to read the haynes manual as well but thought posting it here first was the best first step.
Maybe I should reset the tcm computer? I really hope that the transmission isn't hoop'ed because it's close to Christmas and really can't afford a new one at this point.

I appreciate anyone's input and thanks in advance.
Eddie

eddiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
rollindom

2005 WK 

Looks like you accidentally posted in the wrong forum. This is the WK 05-10 forum, you need the 93-98 ZJ forum for this question.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.