5.7 hemi gas mileage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 5.7 hemi gas mileage

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
tbta02

5.7 hemi gas mileage

have 400 miles on my gc . im hoping to hear the gas mileage gets alot better . right now its pretty bad .

tbta02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Marcus86GLHS

my 2008 has 405 miles so far: 12 mpg average but that is nearly all stop and go, very little steady highway driving........and yeah it better get better.

my 2004 4.7L H/O Limited got 17 mpg same conditions: very little highway.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Aloha8
2007 WK 

I've got 3000+ miles on my '07 Limited Hemi and am getting an average of nearly 16 mpg overall, calculated. Mostly around town driving - not rush-hour type traffic - with a few road trips, no interstate highway driving.

Last week, on a 160 mile round trip, mostly 2-lane highway driving and through a couple of smaller cities and towns, the Jeep reported 19.1 mpg. Putting 38 psi in the tires may have helped that... but mostly keeping my foot out of it helps the most.
Aloha8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
SAB30

I do a LOT of highway driving.

I had a 2006 4.7L Grand Cherokee 75-80 mph on highway I would be lucky to get 17 mpg, usually I was around 16.5.

I am 3,000 miles into a 2008 5.7L Grand Cherokee. 100 to 500 miles was all highway and I was surprised that I got 17.3. I have been getting close to 17.3 - 17.5 on the highway since at about 75 mph.

Of course the better mileage is because of the MDS. The one complaint I have there is that it "lugs" a little. Kind of like a manual transmission that needs to be downshifted. The Jeep seems to try and hold the 4 cylinder fuel saving mode just a tad too long.
SAB30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbta02
have 400 miles on my gc . im hoping to hear the gas mileage gets alot better . right now its pretty bad .
if you dont like bad gas mileage trade the hemi i get 250 miles to a tank with 50/50 city highway
ryanlberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

Good luck, I get avg. 14 to 15 on mostly back country roads. Doesn't make a difference what kind of gas I use either. I'm going to try a cold air intake and free flow exhaust and hope to improve a few MPG.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
tbta02

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlberg
if you dont like bad gas mileage trade the hemi i get 250 miles to a tank with 50/50 city highway
did not buy this truck expecting great fuel economy . just trying to figure out what to expect in the future .the more miles per gallon the merrier.
tbta02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
2008OverlandCRD
2008 WK 

I am getting rid of an 06 Overland 4x4 Hemi. The gas mileage has always sucked. Average 10 - 11 in town. I don't drive it too hard either, or at least I don't think I do. I get about 17 - 18 cruising 65 - 70 on the freeway.

Most people ask if that's the reason I am getting rid of it. I am not getting rid of it because of the gas mileage (gas is paid for by my company) just because my company gets me a new car every 2 years.
2008OverlandCRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.