4xGuard Rear skid ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 4xGuard Rear skid ?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

4xGuard Rear skid ?

I just got the rear skid for my WK and it did not have any instructions in it. It looks pretty straight forward. I just want to make sure that I do have to drill 4 holes in order to instal it. Thanks

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
barrygeoghegan
2005 WK 

You can find the fitting instructions on the 4xguard website. Cheers Barry.
barrygeoghegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya I know. I couldn't get it to come up on my goverment computer. I will have to try it else where.

Unread 11-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
555ctsv
2006 WK 

I just tried it on my pc and it wouldnt work for me either. Even tried right clicking and saving the word doc and that also didnt work.
06 WK Limited 4x4 Racing Solutions 6.4L 392 Stroker HEMI - 2" Daystar / 255-75-17 BFG MT's / SpiderTrax 1.5" / SRT8 Exhaust / K&N Intake / HID Headlights and Fogs / Alto Red Eagle Clutch Packs / Transgo Shift Kit / Diablo Trinity / Bilstein Shocks / Rear SRT Sway / Deeza Front End Links
555ctsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Won't open on a mac either. The site says minor drilling of two holes, not four if that helps. I the the front and belly but not the rear.
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
TRZ
2008 WK 

The links are broken on Russ' site (4xGuard). I sent Russ a note. He'll show up here in the next day or two. I wish I could help you out, I have all the rest of his skids, but I built my own rear skid plate.
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
anywaytothetop
2006 WK 

Is this the one you got an ebay?

EDIT......I found my instructions. PM me and I can fax or email them to you tomorrow.
anywaytothetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywaytothetop View Post
Is this the one you got an ebay?

EDIT......I found my instructions. PM me and I can fax or email them to you tomorrow.
Thanks PM sent

Unread 11-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
Colo.kid
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ View Post
The links are broken on Russ' site (4xGuard). I sent Russ a note. He'll show up here in the next day or two. I wish I could help you out, I have all the rest of his skids, but I built my own rear skid plate.
I will work on this website issue--it must be a by-product of the development of our new website. Feel free to PM me and I will send a Word document to you. Sorry about the kit not having the instructions and I will try immediately to get this resolved.
Colo.kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo.kid View Post
I will work on this website issue--it must be a by-product of the development of our new website. Feel free to PM me and I will send a Word document to you. Sorry about the kit not having the instructions and I will try immediately to get this resolved.
No problem. I got it off ebay so it wasn't your fault. Good product though. I love the dezign. It looks and feels very solid when it is bolted in place, like it is now part of the frame.

Unread 11-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #11
555ctsv
2006 WK 

AWWW! I really want my jeep back!!! I thought checking the forums hourly would help but it's making things worse I really want the front skid, then maybe the rear. "Latest" eta on my jeep is 1st week of December. Guess that'd make a good Christmas present...
06 WK Limited 4x4 Racing Solutions 6.4L 392 Stroker HEMI - 2" Daystar / 255-75-17 BFG MT's / SpiderTrax 1.5" / SRT8 Exhaust / K&N Intake / HID Headlights and Fogs / Alto Red Eagle Clutch Packs / Transgo Shift Kit / Diablo Trinity / Bilstein Shocks / Rear SRT Sway / Deeza Front End Links
555ctsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
anywaytothetop
2006 WK 

I did have to trim the plastic tab on the cover to the trailer harness so it could open all the way. I couldn't adjust the skid so it would clear the tab and allow me open the cover without it hitting the rear skid. My dremel cut off wheel made short work of it.
anywaytothetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
TaosBob
2007 WK 

Quote:
I did have to trim the plastic tab on the cover to the trailer harness so it could open all the way. I couldn't adjust the skid so it would clear the tab and allow me open the cover without it hitting the rear skid. My dremel cut off wheel made short work of it.
Me too, same thing. Not a biggie.
Traded in on 2012 Hyundai Azera: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB with shocks, cabin air filtration. Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, BDS rear diff guard, OME rear shocks.
TaosBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
Colo.kid
2008 WK 

Quote:
FYI the next version (production run) of the Rear Guard will reflect a minor modification so there is no interference with the plug. I never clipped mine and thus it never fully closes, which for my part of the country is not a big deal but obviously a concern in other areas.
Colo.kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.