4xguard Matrix vs used ARB bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 4xguard Matrix vs used ARB bumper

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #1
pastryslayer
2006 WK 

4xguard Matrix vs used ARB bumper

I am prepared to buy a Matrix, but this just showed up on Craigslist locally.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/4913495674.html

That's about $60 cheaper than the matrix but looks rough and it looks like a huge pain to install as well. I don't want to swap springs so I'm thinking the extra front weight would be bad too. Stick with the original plan and get the matrix? Or clean up an ARB and go bullet proof?

pastryslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #2
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Depends. One is a real bumper, the other is a brushguard. That ARB just needs to be sanded and hit with some rattle can paint. It'll be as good as new.

Heads up, the ARB will cause some suspension droop. You'll probably want to throw in some strut spacers to level it out (super easy job).
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #3
Mainsail
2005 WK 

I have the Matrix, so I'm maybe a little biased. There's no way I'd put that behemoth on the front of my jeep; my mileage is bad enough. What's the gain? You can mow down bigger trees with the ARB; do you often use your jeep to crash through the brush? You can mount a winch with the ARB; do you need or want a winch? (BTW, the Matrix can mount a winch if you get the receiver and a receiver winch)
wsp1.jpg

Unread Today, 07:18 AM   #4
pastryslayer
2006 WK 

Pretty much what I was thinking too...the ARB triggers a series of additional issues, and frankly is just too big and unattractive.

Thanks for weighing in. I saw your WK in the photo threads and it went a long way towards selling me on the Matrix. Any corrosion issues with it, living here in the PNW?
Unread Today, 07:34 AM   #5
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastryslayer View Post
Any corrosion issues with it, living here in the PNW?
No rust at all on the Matrix. The skid has some surface rust where it got scratched on rocks, but I haven't even treated it and it's not getting worse.
Unread Today, 09:56 AM   #6
pastryslayer
2006 WK 

Thanks for the info. I really like the way it looks on your rig. Dig the rubber pads too. Probably order tomorrow.
Unread Today, 10:41 AM   #7
OM642WK
2007 WK 

Yeah, hadn't seen the rubber pads. Where did'ya get them?
OM642WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:31 PM   #8
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those rubber bumpers are for a boat trailer. You can find them just about anywhere that sells boating gear. Online as well....
About $6-7.... I was going to mount them on my matrix after seeing them on Mainsail's rig.
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:52 PM   #9
Mainsail
2005 WK 

The bumpers came from Trailer Parts Superstore online; they're loading dock bumpers.
Unread Today, 02:03 PM   #10
JRLT
2010 WK 

Easternmarine.com
Molded Rubber Bumper
Part # B5760
SKU# 1326175
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 03:12 PM   #11
una4dbl55
Shakin da' bush boss.....

2008 WK 

I'm all in with the matrix too.
That ARB is just way too heavy
una4dbl55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 03:37 PM   #12
pastryslayer
2006 WK 

Very nice. I'm leaning full package, receiver, wings, stinger hoop.
Unread Today, 03:38 PM   #13
pastryslayer
2006 WK 

Hey Mainsail, did you put a light over your license plate? Or is it something else's?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.