4xguard front skid - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 4xguard front skid

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
daveWK42
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
I suspected that the airdam would effect the mileage. Have you actually documented the difference that the airdam makes.
i took mine off on the 31st. so far, it seems to be about 1mpg difference. but that's just about town, i haven't been on the highway yet. i've heard 1-1.5mpg difference on the highway though.
it just looks sooo much better w/out it, esp. once the front guard it on, & i found the air dam to be such a PITA that it's not worth it to me to ever put it back on...it went w/ the garbage men today.

hers: 2013 patriot sport
his: 2008 grand cherokee laredo
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveWK42 View Post
i found the air dam to be such a PITA that it's not worth it to me to ever put it back on...it went w/ the garbage men today.
In the garbage, wow, a bold step. I tossed mine in the attic where it will most likely never be seen again. When I die and the house sell someday, someone will find it and say, "Wha! What's this?"
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
dferr17
2007 WK 

I like how the 05-07s look with the brush guard removed but honestly im not sure about the 08+ without the air dam. I guess its because of the slits around the fog light makes it look like something is missing. Im tempted to try and cut out the middle section of the air dam so the molded parts around the fog lights can stay in place and allow for the the instal of the skid
dferr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #19
daveWK42
2008 WK 

the slits are only noticeable if you get right down there in front of the thing & look for them knowing they're there. otherwise, not so much.

& chirpz, it was either that or stash it in my landlord's garage. after i got it off, i realized i didn't really have an option "c". the only way i'll ever be getting rid of my WK is if it gets totaled, so it doesn't really matter, you know?

hers: 2013 patriot sport
his: 2008 grand cherokee laredo
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #20
dferr17
2007 WK 

Well right now my Jeep is stock. I have my 2'' lift sitting in my garage and hopefully can get around to installing it this week or weekend. Maybe once its lifted i will like the more aggressive look with the air dam removed.
dferr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
Jeepthing08
2008 WK 

i made patches for the slits that just pop in and pop out when you're going to put your air dam back in
Jeepthing08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
ChopprJock
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferr17
Well right now my Jeep is stock. I have my 2'' lift sitting in my garage and hopefully can get around to installing it this week or weekend. Maybe once its lifted i will like the more aggressive look with the air dam removed.
I did not like how my WK looked without the air dam on it.......UNTIL I lifted it. Once the OME was installed, it looked way better without it. A much more aggressive look, I like it!
OME HD
255/75/17's on JK Rubicon wheels
ChopprJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferr17 View Post
Has anyone with an 2008+ front bumper installed a 4xguard front skid plate without removing the lower fascia? I want the skid plate but i dont like how it looks with the lower bumper removed because of the holes and unevenness of the lines. I was wondering if i make longer mounting brackets that would work. Thanks
I have it on mine and yes you can leave the lower fascia in place. ... which is what I have done. Then I take it off when going offroading. It's held on by just 4 plugs.

I left it on for the mileage.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #24
Jeepthing08
2008 WK 

I lost 1 mpg having mine off
Jeepthing08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 grand cherokee , bumper type , fascia , grand cherokee , skid plate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.