4" Superlift sway bar issue, no instructions on website-parts might have fallen out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 4" Superlift sway bar issue, no instructions on website-parts might have fallen out

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
BAD68GTO
2006 WK 

4" Superlift sway bar issue, no instructions on website-parts might have fallen out

Went to get my WK's front aligned and the sway bar was no connected on both sides. Bolted it up with one bolt that was there, got it aligned and drove out. I hear clanking on both sides in turns now, so I am guessing there needs to be extensions from the stock hook ups and the bar is hitting. Can anyone email me instructions or check their WK that has a 4" SL on it please and maybe email a pic of the end link connections? Love the kit too, so I am guessing something fell out a long time ago and I never caught it as I ride this puppy hard. TY Gary

2005 Viper, Vert, DLM SE #27/50, Paxton (w/intercooler) 946 RWHP
2000 Viper GTS, 10 LB Roe+GG heads/intake+Solid Roller, near 800 RWHP on pump gas+WM
1968 GTO 467 CID Fully Ported, Roller, 5-speed
2000 E350 Van with a ZILLION miles
2009 Votes thanks to ACORN
If a conservative is down-and-out, they think about how to better their situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of them.
BAD68GTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I hope this helps:

http://www.superlift.com/instructions/5150.pdf

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
BAD68GTO
2006 WK 

MANY THANKS! How you found that on that half tushed website is a miracle. :-)
2000 Viper GTS, 10 LB Roe+GG heads/intake+Solid Roller, near 800 RWHP on pump gas+WM
If a conservative is down-and-out, they think about how to better their situation.
Unread 02-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I just did a google search for "jeep grand cherokee superlift instructions" it came right up!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
BAD68GTO
2006 WK 

Silly me, I tried to use their wesbite, and so many broken links and errors-lol.
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
BAD68GTO
2006 WK 

Just to update the thread, the issue was NOT with the Superlift kit at all, and as I said previously I am happy with the kit. This noise was the lower control arm bolt was loose and causing a lot of noise ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.