3 Different Check Engine Light Codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3 Different Check Engine Light Codes

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Ibraha

3 Different Check Engine Light Codes

First post on the forums. Anyways, the check engine light came on today for my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7 V.6, so I went and had them checked out:

UC404
P0700
U0404

I found out that the P0700 one was "Transmission Control System Malfunction", but, I can't seem to find out what the other ones are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ibraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Lt_JWS
2006 XK Commander 

U0404- Implausable data recieved from ESM, and the P0700 could be from low transmission fluid, the NAG1 tranny wiring bulkhead connector gives trouble and leaks.... Do you have any leaks?

Cant find the "UC404"
2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II | Daystar 2" Lift |K&N Filter | Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | IAT Mod | Leather, heated seats,Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle
Lt_JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
Ibraha

Hmm, haven't checked for leaks yet, will get on that tomorrow. Im curious on what exactly Implausible data received from ESM means.
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
robpp

esm = shift module.

its the shifter. clean the contacts first; worth a try since the ESM = BIG BUCKS. v6 is 600 for the part.

search here for the process.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
drj33p
2006 WK 

The P0700 Tranny could be one of many things,i had that code on my last Grand and it went into limp mode and it ended up being low voltage on start up in the battery.

So maybe a dealer or someone needs to find the fault within that code.
Not as many people down here understand.
drj33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Ibraha

I think I'll try and clean the shifter contacts, I'll update soon to see if that helps, thanks guys!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.