3.7 Rough Idle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.7 Rough Idle

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Benzie002
2011 WK 

So I decided to clean the IAC motor (and the socket it was in) which was very dirty. While doing this, I was pulling the connector off the TPS sensor right above it and it broke apart. So, I replaced the TPS sensor and cleaned the IAC motor and the airflow sensor while I had it off and it is now purring like a kitten. No more rough idle. Probably the dirty IAC motor and possibly the TPS.

Good luck

Benzie002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
Beardacus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys do you know where I can find a manual to work on the 3.7? I would like to clean the IAC motor and TPS sensor but I really have no idea where they are. I know it might sound silly but unfortunately it is the truth.
Beardacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Benzie002
2011 WK 

The tps and iac are located under the throttle body air intake which is the black box in the center of the engine. Loosen the clamp at the large hose on the left of the box and the clamp at the back center of the box. Also disconnect the wire on the back left of the black box where the tube is connected. This is anther sensor. Then grab the box and wiggle it up and forward. The tps (black) will be on the right of the throttle body on top and the iac is silver right below it. Need a star driver to remove them both. Btw, you can only clean the iac.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
Beardacus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Benzie, thanks for the info.

On a side note do you know of a service manual for the 3.7? I think it would be really beneficial to me to understand how to work on this truck.
Beardacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #20
Benzie002
2011 WK 

There are service manuals out there by Mopar and Haynes. I found this post by a search...
05-08 Grand Cherokee WK Service Manual
For those in need:

05-08 Grand Cherokee WK Service Manual
145mb

http://www.mediafire.com/?4q51ake1023nlb6
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
Beardacus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank you my NJ friend.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.