3.0 diesel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.0 diesel

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 10-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
GCDIESEL4ME

3.0 diesel

I am looking at a 3.0 diesel with 110k kilometres. Looks pretty good but was wondering about mechanical parts like HPFP and timing chains. Are there any issues with engine stuff like this. What is the recommended replacement interval for timing chain? I have read about the swirl motor and the GDE tunes for different deletes.

GCDIESEL4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
jaje
2007 WK 

No timing chain interval that I know of (it's a chain) - but you have to do serpentine belt, water pump, fuel pump and some other odds and ends. It might make sense to do glow plugs as a 100k maintenance just because. Check out this CRD FAQ.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Like Jaje said, no real issue with timing chains or HPFP. Those should last several 100k miles. I have never head of anyone changing those out. I check out the Sprinter Forums the see about longevity issues, because those guys put on a lot more miles than we do and they are much heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
No timing chain interval that I know of (it's a chain) - but you have to do serpentine belt, water pump, fuel pump and some other odds and ends. It might make sense to do glow plugs as a 100k maintenance just because. Check out this CRD FAQ.
I like the CRD FAQ lots of good info.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
GCDIESEL4ME

Thanks guys, I will have a look
GCDIESEL4ME is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.