3.0 CRD Stalling - Key issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.0 CRD Stalling - Key issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

3.0 CRD Stalling - Key issue

Hello everyone!

Thanks it happened to me in my alley, but the Jeep won't lock/unlock but start and stall each time after 3s.
MIL is indicating me "replace pressure sensor transmitter".
Scanner is giving me gray codes (I assume fujitive ones) :
P0513: incorrect immobilizer key
P0674/P0673: those are related to my glowplugs -> OK
U0103/U0404: those are related to the TCM/shifter (I'll have to check the connections).

Battery voltage is fine. Key fob #1 had its battery changed with the Jeep's battery (first symptoms I thought of a dead battery were hard time opening closing the doors). I don't recall changing the key fob #2 battery. Key fob #2 cannot open/close the doors, but starts the jeep (before stalling)

I have to figure out which module is generating error is it really the TPMS receiver or the security module?

Could it be the ignition switch?

Thanks in advance,

PS: I have now to find a way to tow my jeep into the garage, alley is all mud no way of pushing!

ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
hawgripper
2008 WK 

I know that mine would start and stall if using the key fob for starting which turned out to be my glowplug module, not sure about the lock unlock issues.
hawgripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

It could be related to this TSB:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wh_0806105.pdf

This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Wireless Control Module
(WCM), also called the Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM)

One or more of the following
specific conditions may occur: no engine crank, engine will crank but not start, engine will
crank and start but will immediately stop (within two seconds of start up).

I have a 2005 WH but left hand drive...
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgripper View Post
I know that mine would start and stall if using the key fob for starting which turned out to be my glowplug module, not sure about the lock unlock issues.
Did you have any code thrown for the glowplug module?
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Radcrd
2007 WK 

How old is the battery? Even if the voltage shows fine it may be weak. These jeeps have all kinds of electrical issues when battery is weak. If over 5 years old replace it.
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

You're right when the first battery died (5 years old), it showed wierd signs: remote opening/closing very hard, I had to be close and clic more the once (that's the case today)
Then when it died I had service 4WD and check rear park assist, but it would not start at all.
The battery was dropping below 10V when cranking.

The actual battery is two years old (12.56V). But they can die quite rapidly. I did not use a lot the Jeep this year, some time staying for 3 month in a raw in the parking lot. When cranking it was running on 2-3 cylinders. May be the battery has suffered from this? And unfortunately I'm using it now for very small runs.
Unread 12-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #7
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

Thanks guys,

That was another weird sign when battery voltage is low. I bought a nice Ctek charger so I could restore the battery. It also has a quick coupling so I can plug it in my garage.
The jeep started after unplugging and charging the battery overnight.
Next battery, optima red top!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.