3.0 CRD fuel pump noise - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.0 CRD fuel pump noise

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Drewd

http://centralmotivepower.com/bosch/ may be able to get the COFV for you. Please let me know how your experience is with them and how much they charged you for the item.

Please share the part/item number for it cuz I don't trust I got the correct COFV for my cp3 pump even though it works fine.

Drew

Drewd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
BWP1000
2007 WK 

I have been doing a bunch of calling around it looks like the Bosch Part number for the COFV is F 00N-201-320. It sounds like it is the same as what is in the Dodge 6.7 Cummins. I am trying to see if I can find a used one around.

Drew
Does that sound like the one they finally sent you?
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
BWP1000
2007 WK 

Well in my search for a used COFV or a CP3 pump. I talked to a mechanic that suggested checking the Rail pressure relief valve. He said there should not be any fuel coming out of the rail to the tank return line. So I unhooked the hose where it tees in to the return line on top of the motor. sure enough it was pumping a lot of fuel out of the rail. So now I am trying to find the Bosch part number for the Rail or the Relief Valve. They Can not seam to cross the Mercedes Number that is on the Rail. If anyone has those numbers please let me know. Thanks

Also I was able to take the COFV out with out removing the Pump. Just need to take off the pipe going from the inner cooler to the turbo. With a 16mm socket and a swivel you can get it out. It makes it a little harder to keep it clean on the install though.
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
Drewd

Don't you read anything I post? My first post had you to check output of rail pressure relief valve as part of your troubleshooting?
Am I wasting my time typing and researching parts and suppliers for you? I guess you would rather make your own mistakes then learn from others?

Typically, if the fuel rail pressure relief valve is bad, you'll have trouble starting (long starts/hard starts) because the fuel rail is unable to build up the minimum needed pressure (I think its 5000psi) to triger activation of fuel injectors.

I'm done posting on this topic. I've given you a source for a COFV and it doesn't appear you wish to follow my advice as the only person on this forum who has had the same exact problem and fixed it after wasting money replacing the in tank pump twice, the fuel control valve on the CP3, and a new fuel rail with a new rail relief valve, and finally the CP3 pump which only needed a COFV.

A used COFV could be bad and you can be chasing your tail if you test a defective COFV. You are willing to spend $300-$400 for a fuel rail relief valve but not less than $100 for a COFV? I dont' get it.

Good luck, here are some parts numbers for you.

This is the actual Bosch part number Car Part BOSCH 0 281 002 826 Pressure Control Valve, common rail system

ManufacturerBOSCHNumber0 281 002 826DescriptionPressure Control Valve, common rail systemOriginal numbers 6420780249, A6420780249Valve TypeDiesel

Analogous \ Similar Parts of BOSCH 0 281 002 826

ManufacturerNumberDescriptionMERCEDES 642 078 02 49Pressure Control Valve, common rail systemMERCEDESA 642 078 02 49Pressure Control Valve, common rail system

Mercedes Benz Fuel Rail

Item Specifics:
  • Model: A642 070 21 94/003 <-- I used the 94/004 part instead (Its a newer version of the rail)
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #20
Tuco
2007 WK 

Quote:
They Can not seam to cross the Mercedes Number that is on the Rail. If anyone has those numbers please let me know. Thanks
I have this part in case you still need it. I sent you a PM
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #21
jediknight
2008 WK 

Good thread by the way!

Keep us posted please !
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
BWP1000
2007 WK 

Drew

I thank you for your help I am sorry you don't like the way I do thinks. I did Call Central Motive Power they where not able to find the COFV off the pump numbers I gave them they Could get me a whole pump. I called a local big truck Diesel and he got me in contact with Diesel Control Technicians Inc.

I did not think it was the rail because it did not throw no codes and i was not sure what line to take apart to check the flow. I was going to Order A COFV but the guy Tech at DCT Inc stopped me because he was not sure that was the problem. I really don't want to throw anymore money at this jeep if i don't have to. I have already spent 800+ on a fuel pump.

Last edited by BWP1000; 06-07-2013 at 09:46 AM..
BWP1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #23
Drewd

This vendor is able to obtain the cascade overflow valve for the 3.0L MB CRD engine in our WK's. I don't know what he charges but whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than buying a new or used replacement CP3.

Erric Hoesli
Hoesli Diesel Service
1-800-487-1001
www.hoeslidiesel.com
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #24
Drewd

Now you know why I replaced my CP3 pump but eventually did find a COFV. Now I have a backup CP3 but am confident our CP3s will last a long time and that to expect future FCV or COFV failures instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP1000 View Post
Drew

I thank you for your help I am sorry you don't like the way I do thinks. I did Call Central Motive Power they where not able to find the COFV off the pump numbers I gave them they Could get me a whole pump. I called a local big truck Diesel and he got me in contact with Diesel Control Technicians Inc.

I did not think it was the rail because it did not throw no codes and i was not sure what line to take apart to check the flow. I was going to Order A COFV but the guy Tech at DCT Inc stopped me because he was not sure that was the problem. I really don't want to throw anymore money at this jeep if i don't have to. I have already spent 800+ on a fuel pump.
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #25
Drewd

The suspense is killing me.
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
BWP1000
2007 WK 

went a head and ordered COFV from a shop in topeka ks. suppose to be in the next couple days. I will let you know how it all turns out and the supplier info if i get the right thing.
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
Drewd

bump?
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #28
jediknight
2008 WK 

Yeah is the noise gone after changing the valves ?
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
Drewd

Regardless, if you have fuel pump noise, my tips should help resolve your issue if it arises. The cascade overflow valve was the issue with my vehicle with the same exact noise.

I suspect OP had some knuckle head local mechanic or pal convince him to replace some expensive part that wasn't bad. BPW1000, I apologize if I appeared rude. I was just baiting you a bit because I was dying with suspense (I'm unfortunately very unpatient) to see if the COFV replacement did the trick
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #30
BWP1000
2007 WK 

I got the COFV put in the other day. So far No noise. I still have fuel coming out of the rail relief valve. Does not seam to be as much as before but still quite a bit. I still want to run some test to see what all changed. I am not sure when I will get a chance to do that. I am pretty swamped at work, plus an addition I'm putting on the house, and a baby on the way.

I got the COFV from Injection and Turbo INC. for $68.26 shipped to there shop from bosch. The new one is on the right in the picture. some of the holes look to be a little bigger.
img_20130619_210631_536.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.