3.0 CRD DIESEL BHP Torque and 0-60 MPH times? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.0 CRD DIESEL BHP Torque and 0-60 MPH times?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 04-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #1
Penguin_Jeep
2005 WK 

3.0 CRD DIESEL BHP Torque and 0-60 MPH times?

Hi All,

My jeep was laid up a year ago with mysterious issues, but with that aside I thought I'd share my result here to see what you make.

My jeep has NEVER been remapped and currently has an intermittent issue with the EGR circuit range and the transmission shift module - so any suggestions in those areas would be appreciated.

I have OBD screen shots from my Palmer performance OBD software on iPad, however JF doesn't allow upload so will do it from laptop when I get home.

The results
308hp (factory is apparent 215)
547 lb ft of torque. (factory 376)
0-60MPH 8.1 seconds (continental 0-100Km/h)

Remember this is the Diesel.

Any thought on this?

Penguin_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
jjt250
2007 WK 

The 0-60 time seems about right but those power and torque figures are definitely off.
Unread 04-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
Penguin_Jeep
2005 WK 

OBD2 Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
The 0-60 time seems about right but those power and torque figures are definitely off.
Think maybe the palmer software is not calibrated?

Anybody else use Palmer OBD software?
Unread 04-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
hulikner
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_Jeep View Post
Think maybe the palmer software is not calibrated?

Anybody else use Palmer OBD software?
If you can calibrate it then yea. You can't get close to those hp/tq numbers stock. Otherwise your thing just doesn't give even close power numbers.
hulikner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

unless these numbers are done on a Dyno first stock then with what ever on the same dyno same settings its all doody squat. I would bet that that soft ware is just putting out numbers to prove what ever they claim.

Torque is torque no matter how its made. with 550 i would think that it would smoke the tires off
Unread 04-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #6
Penguin_Jeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
unless these numbers are done on a Dyno first stock then with what ever on the same dyno same settings its all doody squat. I would bet that that soft ware is just putting out numbers to prove what ever they claim.

Torque is torque no matter how its made. with 550 i would think that it would smoke the tires off
Speaking of smoking, it will light up the wheels.
I'm think I need a fellow WK/WH or XK commander owner to plug into and compare. Any volunteers over in the UK?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.