3.0 aftermarket? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 3.0 aftermarket?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
king_kong

3.0 aftermarket?

So lately I've been looking at the 3.0 diesel and one thing I havent been able to find is aftermarket parts for it. I havent even been able to find an airfilter kit for it. So my question is, is there any after market perrformance parts out there for this engine? Or if theres any in the works?

1997 Wrangler TJ | I-4, Auto
Current Mods:
| 4" trail master SL | 3" BL | K&N air filter | 35" Goodyear Wrangler tires |
| series 51 AWC black rims | Alpine headunit | 10" JL Audio W6's |
| JL Audio Speakers | 500/1 and 300/4 JL Audio Slash Amps |
| Rockhard 4x4 Sport Cage |

Plans:
| 7.5" Rubicon Express long-Arm, Tri-Link | 1" BL | Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers |
| Dana 44's Front and Rear | Train Horn | Rear Leds | LS1 or New Hemi |
king_kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Tuco
2007 WK 

you are right. Parts seem to be limited for now. FYI the air filter is the same for diesel and gas engines, so that wont be a problem. Also, oil filters are available online at a great price.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
dieselmaniac

Since it's a M-Benz engine, wonder if MB parts might be more available?

Don't know if there are any differences between the MB and Jeep engine configurations, but I suspect MB would not run two separate production lines to produce a similar engine.
dieselmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
jeep_on

There are aftermarket parts for the 3.0L. How ever, they are only available in Europe at the moment. Startech offers a tuner that adds more HP and torque. They also have a new exhaust and DPF for the 3.0L as well.

With the exchange rate the way it is now, it would cost you a lot to get these parts from Germany. The good news new, Startech products are Chrysler approved.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.