285's how to... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 285's how to...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
caiati
2006 WK 

285's how to...

So I picked up a RC 2" BB lift off of a buddy that owed me money. It was free so I wasn't picky. I see on here that most BB Jeeps are running 265's. I also see that there are quite a few with 285's but they are running the OME lifts. I went on RRO's website and saw that the OME lifts are only 1.5" and the RC lift I picked up is 2". My question is what is being modified besides the pinch weld and rear fender mod in order to fit the 285's. Is there something I can do to allow for 285's on my 2" RC lift? Please advise. Thanks.

caiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

The OME HD yields 3-3.5" of lift. Definately sits higher than the RC. In addition to p/w and fender mods you can get wheel spacers or new wheels with a deeper b/s'ing. W/o spacers you'll need to cut your UCA bolt shorterf or sure. You probably will also want to swap the rear shocks with the longer Monroe Load Levelers made for F-150's that guys are using.

Or - just get an Old Man Emu Heavy Duty lift with 265s and take that on the trails and call it a day

Either way - p/w and fender roll will need to be done eventually.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Moose25
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepn4kc View Post
or - just get an old man emu heavy duty lift with 265s and take that on the trails and call it a day
+1 :d
[CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="Black"]OME HD : BFG MUD TERRAIN KM2's 285/70/17 : JK AEV PINTLERS 17" : K&N FIPK : MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER : AIRAID TBS: PW / RF MOD: HYPERTECH PROGRAMMED: THULE MOAB/SNOWBOARD/BIKE RACK[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][LEFT][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][I]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]snowboard.dirt bike.wakeboard.backpack.hike.4x4.mountain bike.
ITS A JEEP THING[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/LEFT][CENTER][SIZE="2"][B][FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Silver"]SEMPER FIDELIS[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Moose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
caiati
2006 WK 

So how much is the 3-3.5" OME lift? I'm not really going to be doing any hardcore wheeling, just occasional back roads. I guess I'm being a poser now. I want the looks more than functionality. I have a highly modified TJ for my trail rig. If I don't do much flexing will the 285's work on the RC 2"?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.