265/65/17's on non-lifted '06? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 265/65/17's on non-lifted '06?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
bhpizza

265/65/17's on non-lifted '06?

Hello everybody. I'm doing a little bit of research for my uncle who has been a Jeep enthusiast for as long as I can remember. He owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 245/65/17 tire package. His OEM tires are in need of replacing and I work at a local tire shop so I'm trying to get him taken care of. He really wants to go bigger but there aren't very many tires produced in the optional tire ranges for his vehicle. He wants to step up to a 265/65/17 Michelin LTX A/T-2. Has anybody tried out this tire size on there WK with 17" wheels? He's pretty sure that there is plenty of clearance but I'm a little worried that they'll rub in the wheel wells. The vehicle is 100% stock in every way. Any advice you guys could give me would be great. Thank you in advance.

bhpizza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Icer

I cant be 100% positive about the Michelins but I have Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 265/65/17 tires and have no problems/rubbing. I think this is the max size you can go without a lift, spacers, and/or bolt cutting.
06 WK Limited 5.7 HEMI -|- Bright Silver Metallic -|- Limited 25K Package -|- Trailer Tow Group IV -|- NAV/6 CD, Parksense, Uconnect, SIRIUS, Smartbeam -|- Skid Plate Group W/Tow Hooks -|- Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 265/65/17 -|- Mods = Bilstein Rear Shocks, SRT8 Rear Swaybar, Superchips Tuner, Magnaflow, AIRAID Tube, & K&N Airfilter.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
robpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpizza View Post
Hello everybody. I'm doing a little bit of research for my uncle who has been a Jeep enthusiast for as long as I can remember. He owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 245/65/17 tire package. His OEM tires are in need of replacing and I work at a local tire shop so I'm trying to get him taken care of. He really wants to go bigger but there aren't very many tires produced in the optional tire ranges for his vehicle. He wants to step up to a 265/65/17 Michelin LTX A/T-2. Has anybody tried out this tire size on there WK with 17" wheels? He's pretty sure that there is plenty of clearance but I'm a little worried that they'll rub in the wheel wells. The vehicle is 100% stock in every way. Any advice you guys could give me would be great. Thank you in advance.
Seems like the Revo is the only tire that fits non lifted in the 265/65 17 size.
Also believe the Ball Joint stud is the biggesst obstacle. Some trim it, some remove it, but it will be needed to remove the ball joint someday.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...highlight=revo

Use the search button its your friend.

Rob
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
bhpizza

Saw my uncle on Sunday and I looked at the ball joint stud that needs to be trimmed. He said he didn't really mind trimming it to fit the larger tires but would rather not if he didn't have to. So, has anybody run the 265/65/17 Michelin LTX AT-2's on a stock WK without any rubbing issues? Also, how much of the stud can you trim before you won't be able to use it to get the ball joint off?

BTW, I had done a little bit of searching before I posted but all I could really out about was the Revo's. I figured if the Revo's would fit surely some other tires would fit in that size too.
bhpizza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.