2011 20" GC Overland Rims on an 05 GC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2011 20" GC Overland Rims on an 05 GC?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
HemiHipp
2005 WK 

2011 20" GC Overland Rims on an 05 GC?

I found an insane deal on a set of rims just pulled off a 2011 JGC Overland... They are the 20-inch Satin Carbon Painted Cast Aluminum Wheels. Too good of a deal to pass up. http://bit.ly/myW8Wg

I have a 2005 JGC Limited 5.7... Am I going to have any trouble having these 20-inch rims on my 2005? Do you have any recommendations for tires? I need an all weather tire.

Will I deal with any rub with this big of a rim?

I'd appreciate any expert advice.

Thanks for your time!

HemiHipp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Budasac
2005 WK 

Doesn't the SRT WK run 20's? What you need to be more concerned about is the backspacing. Not sure if the WK and WK2 are the same.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
just501
2008 WK 

Replied in the other forum, but here it is again. These rims need spacers to work on the WK. They are a half inch wider. With the offset 50.8mm vs wk offset of 56.4mm, most of the half inch width difference is to the inside. I'm running 16mm spacers with longer studs on the front with 265/50/20 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Only had them for a month or so and like them pretty well; I don't do much offroading though. Even with the spacers, the bolt is very close. Haven't got any pics of the clearacne, but here are a couple of pics of the wheels on the Jeep if anyone wants to see what they look like.

just501 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
JMorash
2005 WK 

Im thinking of doing the same thing buying a set of these and wrapping them with Toyo a/t . Ive got a set of 1.5 inch spacers. What do you think about that set up. I also have a rock crawler lift in mine.
HEMI Club Member #28

3.5 Rock crawler lift.265/65R17 Toyo AT SuperChips Flashpaq MDS delete
JMorash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

Nice wheels!
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
20 , overland , rims , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.