2010 Grand Cherokee WK - JK Wheels (will they fit) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2010 Grand Cherokee WK - JK Wheels (will they fit)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
specialized11
2010 WK 

2010 Grand Cherokee WK - JK Wheels (will they fit)

wondering if i can put 17" jk wheels on my 2010 wk?

i have a 2" rough country lift, and plan on getting either 265/65/17 or 265/70/17 tires... (nitto terra grapplers, or bfgoodrich a/t)

any thoughts or suggestions on these matters?

specialized11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Muddy4DSM

Don't know much about the tire sizes, but if those are 32" tires similar to what comes stock on the Wranglers, that's what I'm running with a 2" BB. Perhaps someone else can chime in who has a better idea on tire size equivalents.
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
specialized11
2010 WK 

I can get the jk wheels for free if I want them, my buddy is taking them off his and giving them to me.. I like to paint them and put them on with my new tires, not a fan of spacers from what I have read tho... hopefully I won't have to have them...
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Muddy4DSM

I'd say do it, and it might be a good idea to look for Rubi take offs on Craigslist and save some money. I really like the look of the JK wheels on the wk. I had the Moabs on mine before I swapped them for Saharas.
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialized11
I can get the jk wheels for free if I want them, my buddy is taking them off his and giving them to me.. I like to paint them and put them on with my new tires, not a fan of spacers from what I have read tho... hopefully I won't have to have them...
One of the jk wheels requires a spacer, just to clear the brake caliper, so you'll almost definitely have to use some type of spacer. I can't remember if it's the Moab wheels or the other jk wheels.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
specialized11
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

One of the jk wheels requires a spacer, just to clear the brake caliper, so you'll almost definitely have to use some type of spacer. I can't remember if it's the Moab wheels or the other jk wheels.
Thanks alot and I guess it is still worth getting them considering they are free... I can figure out what to do with them then.. I really like the look of them, just not sure on the spacers... any thoughts on spacers yourself?
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Rainier
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

It is the Moab wheels. With just a lift, depending on the tyre, the uca bolt might rub.
Rainier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
specialized11
2010 WK 

any recommendations on tire? I use to have the bfgoodrich all terrains and really liked them on my truck, seems like everyone I see now around the house is riding nitto's..? is this cost or performance based?
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Valpacer

2007 WK 

All factory JK wheels require at least a 1/4" spacer to clear the caliper on the front of a WK. There are some very early 2005 with a smaller caliper on the front which they will fit but ive never seen one in person. Even with 265/70 they will clear they bolt.

For free thats worth the cost of a couple of spacers! And nittos are awesome tyres, lots of guys are running the Trail Grapplers, im running the Mud grappler and love them.
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
specialized11
2010 WK 

so with 265/70 trail grapplers and 1/4" spacer I should be good with clearing the bolt and calipers on jk wheels? that's with the 2" RC lift?
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer
All factory JK wheels require at least a 1/4" spacer to clear the caliper on the front of a WK. There are some very early 2005 with a smaller caliper on the front which they will fit but ive never seen one in person. Even with 265/70 they will clear they bolt.

For free thats worth the cost of a couple of spacers! And nittos are awesome tyres, lots of guys are running the Trail Grapplers, im running the Mud grappler and love them.
Not true. The 18" sahara's clear without a spacer. It's just the moab's that need the spacer
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #12
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialized11 View Post
so with 265/70 trail grapplers and 1/4" spacer I should be good with clearing the bolt and calipers on jk wheels? that's with the 2" RC lift?
Yes, on 17's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
Not true. The 18" sahara's clear without a spacer. It's just the moab's that need the spacer
You are correct, 18's will clear, none of the 17's will, but generally people dont buy the 18's for wheeling. But you are correct.
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #13
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialized11

Thanks alot and I guess it is still worth getting them considering they are free... I can figure out what to do with them then.. I really like the look of them, just not sure on the spacers... any thoughts on spacers yourself?
I think I'm a pretty good test case for spacers. I had eBay spacers and one of them failed on me. It most likely was the shops fault for over torquing them but nonetheless, one failed almost catastrophically. I switched to spidertraxx spacers immediately after and they are simply amazing. Some engineer did a breakdown and they are way better built then even our wheels are. Go spidertraxx without a doubt.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer

You are correct, 18's will clear, none of the 17's will, but generally people dont buy the 18's for wheeling. But you are correct.
You make a good point about the purpose...
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
specialized11
2010 WK 

thanks for all the input, from what I've read spidertraxx seems to win the popular vote so I will def go with them if I choose this route...

not a real fan of the 18's on the wk, not sure why, I've just always been more of a tire guy than wheel guy... like the more sidewall look...

Tags
jk , wheels , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.