JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   2010 Grand Cherokee WK - JK Wheels (will they fit) (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2010-grand-cherokee-wk-jk-wheels-will-they-fit-1461774/)

specialized11 01-10-2013 02:03 PM

2010 Grand Cherokee WK - JK Wheels (will they fit)
 
wondering if i can put 17" jk wheels on my 2010 wk?

i have a 2" rough country lift, and plan on getting either 265/65/17 or 265/70/17 tires... (nitto terra grapplers, or bfgoodrich a/t)

any thoughts or suggestions on these matters?

Muddy4DSM 01-10-2013 02:37 PM

Don't know much about the tire sizes, but if those are 32" tires similar to what comes stock on the Wranglers, that's what I'm running with a 2" BB. Perhaps someone else can chime in who has a better idea on tire size equivalents.

specialized11 01-10-2013 02:58 PM

I can get the jk wheels for free if I want them, my buddy is taking them off his and giving them to me.. I like to paint them and put them on with my new tires, not a fan of spacers from what I have read tho... hopefully I won't have to have them...

Muddy4DSM 01-10-2013 03:00 PM

I'd say do it, and it might be a good idea to look for Rubi take offs on Craigslist and save some money. I really like the look of the JK wheels on the wk. I had the Moabs on mine before I swapped them for Saharas.

blizzboy283 01-11-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialized11
I can get the jk wheels for free if I want them, my buddy is taking them off his and giving them to me.. I like to paint them and put them on with my new tires, not a fan of spacers from what I have read tho... hopefully I won't have to have them...

One of the jk wheels requires a spacer, just to clear the brake caliper, so you'll almost definitely have to use some type of spacer. I can't remember if it's the Moab wheels or the other jk wheels.

specialized11 01-11-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzboy283

One of the jk wheels requires a spacer, just to clear the brake caliper, so you'll almost definitely have to use some type of spacer. I can't remember if it's the Moab wheels or the other jk wheels.

Thanks alot and I guess it is still worth getting them considering they are free... I can figure out what to do with them then.. I really like the look of them, just not sure on the spacers... any thoughts on spacers yourself?

Rainier 01-11-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzboy283 (Post 14770513)

One of the jk wheels requires a spacer, just to clear the brake caliper, so you'll almost definitely have to use some type of spacer. I can't remember if it's the Moab wheels or the other jk wheels.

It is the Moab wheels. With just a lift, depending on the tyre, the uca bolt might rub.

specialized11 01-11-2013 04:20 PM

any recommendations on tire? I use to have the bfgoodrich all terrains and really liked them on my truck, seems like everyone I see now around the house is riding nitto's..? is this cost or performance based?

Valpacer 01-11-2013 07:54 PM

All factory JK wheels require at least a 1/4" spacer to clear the caliper on the front of a WK. There are some very early 2005 with a smaller caliper on the front which they will fit but ive never seen one in person. Even with 265/70 they will clear they bolt.

For free thats worth the cost of a couple of spacers! And nittos are awesome tyres, lots of guys are running the Trail Grapplers, im running the Mud grappler and love them.

specialized11 01-11-2013 08:07 PM

so with 265/70 trail grapplers and 1/4" spacer I should be good with clearing the bolt and calipers on jk wheels? that's with the 2" RC lift?

trax95008 01-12-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valpacer
All factory JK wheels require at least a 1/4" spacer to clear the caliper on the front of a WK. There are some very early 2005 with a smaller caliper on the front which they will fit but ive never seen one in person. Even with 265/70 they will clear they bolt.

For free thats worth the cost of a couple of spacers! And nittos are awesome tyres, lots of guys are running the Trail Grapplers, im running the Mud grappler and love them.

Not true. The 18" sahara's clear without a spacer. It's just the moab's that need the spacer

Valpacer 01-12-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialized11 (Post 14774609)
so with 265/70 trail grapplers and 1/4" spacer I should be good with clearing the bolt and calipers on jk wheels? that's with the 2" RC lift?

Yes, on 17's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trax95008 (Post 14776021)
Not true. The 18" sahara's clear without a spacer. It's just the moab's that need the spacer

You are correct, 18's will clear, none of the 17's will, but generally people dont buy the 18's for wheeling. But you are correct.

blizzboy283 01-12-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialized11

Thanks alot and I guess it is still worth getting them considering they are free... I can figure out what to do with them then.. I really like the look of them, just not sure on the spacers... any thoughts on spacers yourself?

I think I'm a pretty good test case for spacers. I had eBay spacers and one of them failed on me. It most likely was the shops fault for over torquing them but nonetheless, one failed almost catastrophically. I switched to spidertraxx spacers immediately after and they are simply amazing. Some engineer did a breakdown and they are way better built then even our wheels are. Go spidertraxx without a doubt.

trax95008 01-12-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valpacer

You are correct, 18's will clear, none of the 17's will, but generally people dont buy the 18's for wheeling. But you are correct.

You make a good point about the purpose...

specialized11 01-12-2013 10:53 AM

thanks for all the input, from what I've read spidertraxx seems to win the popular vote so I will def go with them if I choose this route...

not a real fan of the 18's on the wk, not sure why, I've just always been more of a tire guy than wheel guy... like the more sidewall look...


The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.