2010 commander disable passenger airbag - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2010 commander disable passenger airbag

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
WieSeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopela View Post
OK so back to the original question. Can it be turned off. (I bought it used and did not get an owners manual)
No... It's turns on and off by itself. No driver input available or needed

WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

I don't think i'd bet a childs life on the input from forum members (no offense). Either PM jeepcares or call jeep customer service directly for this one bud.

If there's no light indicating that the air bag is turned off, I wouldn't put my kid in that seat. $.02
sk1er18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #18
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares

It does not have an Occupant Classification System (OCS).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL

That's confusing!

OP- call Jeep and ask them:

Chrysler Group LLC Customer Center
P.O. Box 21–8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321–8004
Phone: (800) 992-1997

Here's the link for free PDF owners manual, contact info is on page 433 of the 2010 jeep commander owner manual.

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
thejeepman2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL

This makes no sense that they had to change the design on the 09 commander it is so stupid to me it is just more confusing and it is harder to get to ur buttons I have never owned one but I rented one because my 07 jeep commander was getting fixed and they gave me a 2010 jeep commander to drive and I HATED IT!!!!!!!!! I will never drive one of those ever not even if I had to see I like to use the cruise control and on the 07 it is on the steering wheel now on the 2010 it is this little freaking handle thing hidden behind the steering wheel and you can barely even use it really and u can't but ur hands down their in the bottom steering wheel otherwise you could end up turning on ur cruise or could easily break it right off the back of the steering wheel I just don't care for the 2010 jeep commander and never will Iove my 2007 comander and if you whant a nice commander you need to look for the years 2006 through 2008 because they kept the same basic design then nothing big really changed on those years but 2009 through 2010 are just awful looking and they changed the shifter on them they don't shift how they used to where it was just a easy slam from park to drive or whatever gear well not with the 09 or 2010 they changed it the shifter goes a different way down to drive and that bugs me because I just like to slam the gears so like when I am in reverse I immediately slam it to drive and hit the gas pedal and it has never messed my 07 up and she's got 99,000 miles on her I love my jeep but not 2009 or 2010 that's why not many people buy them and they are like the main ones still being parked in the dealership lots waiting to be sold with proably like no miles or just maybe a few I'm just trying to make a point here jeep owners just go for the old style and the new ones have a lot recalls anyway so just stay with the old people seriously and the newer ones they lost the space that the old ones had and they don't have he third rows anymore well I don't think so anyway so their u to u got my side of the story goodbye.
thejeepman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.