2010 blend door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2010 blend door

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
ksutjh

2010 blend door

I have been told by the shop that the blend door needs replaced. Does anyone have any diagrams or know where I could find a section of the repair manual to cover the replacement? They are saying it's accessed on the drivers side, not the passenger side like I'm used to. Thanks

ksutjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
ISUzj
2005 WK 

unfortunatley not, the few here having blend door issues are forced to either pay-up (1200$ quote is what I got) or live with the issue.

My passenger side needs fixed, I have a plan I just need to time to try it out.

Sorry its not good news.
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

I was going to suggest heatertreater, but they don't have anything available for the newer jeeps it appears, maybe there is another similar product?
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
ksutjh

I looked at heat treater as well, nothing there except their universal part. I am not entirely convinced its the blend door, our problem is no matter where you position the temperature knob, the air is always cool. I guess if the door is broken to where it is covering the heater core that would cause it though.
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

I have a sticky blend door on my 2010 and I just live with it. I'm too cheap to get it fix so I basically reset it twice a year: full heat in the fall and full a/c in the spring.

The blend door IS the temp adjustment, so if yours doesn't make any difference it is probably the blend door. It MIGHT be the HVAC control, so you could attempt some trial-and-error. There is another guy here who is working the same issue and apparently gave up once he found out it would take some effort. Option B: Spend $2,000.00 to have the dealer replace the whole airbox.

The driver's blend door actuator is on the side of the airbox you access through the driver's hush panel above the footwell. It is very difficult to access and will require slender tools and some patience. But you can get in there yourself and see how it works and see if maybe it is just the actuator pack, which is cheap to replace.

Good luck. Search "blend door" and you'll get more info from recent posts. If I had enough energy to completely repeat my blend door tutorial then maybe I'd have enough energy to go out and fix my own.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
ksutjh

I've been quoted in the neighborhood of $700. I just wish there was some decent instructions out there on how to fix it and I would do it myself. But I don't want to spend an entire day on something unless I'm sure I can get it all done. Even some instructions on how to remove the dash would help.
Unread 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

So On my (f150) truck I was convinced it was the blend door causing the problem.

Turned out to be the plastic knob that was in the dash had a crack in it, and turning the knob did nothing. $5 fix from dorman.
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

I've never heard of anyone getting the dealer to replace the airbox for $700. I've heard of people being quoted $1200 and eventually paying $1600-$1700, and I've heard of people being quoted $2,000 and paying a little less than that.

But I'm no expert, I'm just a guy who isn't going to spend $2,000 on it. If I thought I could get it done for $700 and done right, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If you want diagrams for removing the dash, join alldatadiy.com. That will scare you completely out of the idea--it's like a giant chinese puzzle where everystep has to be done perfectly.

Somebody on here just said "Effit" and cut through one of the support pillars in the front of the dash, and then scabbed a metal piece back on when he'd replaced the airbox. I think his total cost, doing it himself, was $700.

Good luck!
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
amcfanatic
2009 WK 

Had to have this repair done on my 09 last winter, no easy fix. Cost $1300.00
amcfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
If you want diagrams for removing the dash, join alldatadiy.com. That will scare you completely out of the idea--it's like a giant chinese puzzle where everystep has to be done perfectly.

Somebody on here just said "Effit" and cut through one of the support pillars in the front of the dash, and then scabbed a metal piece back on when he'd replaced the airbox. I think his total cost, doing it himself, was $700.

Good luck!
YUP that is basically why I have elected to do the same as one of the above guys and have a winter and summer setting, but if I get a sat this fall I am going to "make an effort" to get to it from the side; if and or when I do, I will let the Jf world know.
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank

Unread 09-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksutjh
I've been quoted in the neighborhood of $700. I just wish there was some decent instructions out there on how to fix it and I would do it myself. But I don't want to spend an entire day on something unless I'm sure I can get it all done. Even some instructions on how to remove the dash would help.
If you want to see what's involved in removing the dash check out this link. I thought I wanted to replace my air vents that have broken but seeing this I will keep the adjustment air freshener sticks in the vents in case someone wants the vent to move.

This is from an 05, 2010 similar.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/a...h+vent+removal
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #12
JRLT
2010 WK 

Thought someone recently posted something on this about pulling the glove box to get access to the gear, $18 replacement part?
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
Thought someone recently posted something on this about pulling the glove box to get access to the gear, $18 replacement part?
unfortunatley you are thinking of the recirculation gear on the passenger side. if it was a $18 part... i would be estatic.

I am pretty sure its something along the lines of a 250$ part.. but 8 hrs labor to get it out and back in.

Unread 09-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
JRLT
2010 WK 

Damn, sorry bout that.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.