2009 Navigation Update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2009 Navigation Update

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
john07slade
2011 WK 

2009 Navigation Update

I have an 08 WK Limited with navigation. The 2009 Nav update from Navteq just became available and I got the CD today.

It came with no directions at all. There are no directions on the Navteq website. Why am I not surprised? When I put it into the CD player, the radio just says "Data" and it lays there like a dead dog. Does anybody have an idea how to use the CD to update the database?

Thanks guys.

john07slade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
f-250ford
2005 WK 

don't know how it is in the 08 but my 05 GC there is the cd player and then a second one for the navigation have to pull a little door off to get to it.

Last edited by f-250ford; 12-08-2008 at 10:31 PM..
f-250ford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #3
xoxstugotsxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-250ford View Post
don't know how it is in the 08 but my 05 GC there is the cd player and then a second one for the navigation have to pull a little door off to get to it.
Yeah, That is only on our RECs...He should have the MyGIG!
xoxstugotsxox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
xoxstugotsxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by john07slade View Post
I have an 08 WK Limited with navigation. The 2009 Nav update from Navteq just became available and I got the CD today.

It came with no directions at all. There are no directions on the Navteq website. Why am I not surprised? When I put it into the CD player, the radio just says "Data" and it lays there like a dead dog. Does anybody have an idea how to use the CD to update the database?

Thanks guys.
To update the MyGIG, you just put the disc in the CD drive! It will automatically recognize it and start updating on its own! You should get a message on the screen asking you if you want to update, just hit yes and wait! You will see a load screen and then when its all done, it will reboot itself!
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
john07slade
2011 WK 

Thanks for all the replies, I should have given more complete info. Navteq said the 2009 update for RER would be ready mid-December, so I pre-ordered. The CD came yesterday, part# U0032-0070-812. When I put it in the CD slot, it just says "DATA" and does nothing. No prompts, no nothing. I don't think there is another slot in the RER.
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
TonyVideo

2008 WK 

When you ordered did you have to give them your VIN#?
1985 Jeep Larado 4.0L Sold
TonyVideo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
john07slade
2011 WK 

No. I asked the chippie on the phone if she needed the VIN and she said no. But she did repeat to me it was for a 2008 GC RER.

You're correct, it doesn't seem right.
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
xoxstugotsxox

I think I found the answer...Check JU to be sure!
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
Jerry Falletta
2009 WK 

Did you get the disc for the wrong unit (REC and RER use different discs)? Check the WKJeeps web site for details.
Jerry Falletta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
john07slade
2011 WK 

Yes Jerry, Navteq admitted they sent the disc for the REC instead of the MyGig. Stugots was absolutely correct.

BTW, when you update a MyGig nav system they need to know your VIN number and email address. Once you get the DVD, they email you a code to enter during the update process. The disc can't be used on any vehicle except yours, so no burning copies for the buds.
Unread 12-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
xoxstugotsxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by john07slade View Post

BTW, when you update a MyGig nav system they need to know your VIN number and email address. Once you get the DVD, they email you a code to enter during the update process. The disc can't be used on any vehicle except yours, so no burning copies for the buds.

Very tricky of them!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.