2008 Wk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 Wk

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

2008 Wk

Here's all the latest info:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/2008_intro.htm

The good news is that the dorky bumper with misplaced fog lights has been nicely refreshed, but the bad news, for those who modify, is that it looks like the lower air dam will no longer be removable.

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
ennemme
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ Freak
... for those who modify, is that it looks like the lower air dam will no longer be removable.
It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pics... Anyway the result is good.
Unread 04-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #3
T-Rated

Quote:
... it looks like the lower air dam will no longer be removable.
According to the press release, Jeep says the lower portion is removable, but I have yet to see a picture of how that would look. It seems that the facia around the fog lights would come off, but I'd like to see what's left behind.

From Autoblog: "Hardcore off-roaders will be pleased to know, however, that the new fascia is compised of two-pieces, the lower of which can be removed when trail-rating your new Grand Cherokee."

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #4
ennemme
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rated
... but I'd like to see what's left behind...
I think it looks like a real monster
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
OnlyInARealJeep

I wish they made the front bumper like that on the '06's.

Modifications: Magnaflow Exhaust System, K&N 63 Series Intake System, JET Chip Stage Two, Addco Anti-Sway Bars, 4xGuard Front Guard II, 4xGuard Side Steps With Rock Rails, 4xGuard Rear Guard HC, Mopar Front Suspension Skid Plate, Door Entry Guards, Mopar Tail Light Guards, SRT-8 Sports Pedals, Commander Shifter Knob, Two 10" JL Audio W6v2 Subwoofers, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, And Thule Sport Utility Bars With Six Skis or Four Snowboards Clamps And Fairing.

Up Next: Front Window Tint and 4xGuard Belly Guard HC
OnlyInARealJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
goose1

now i like that. i wonder how hard it would be to install the new bumper on an 06.

2008 Jeep Patriot Sporkt (MK) 26E
2.4L, CVVTII, 2WD, Black Exterior, Dark Gray Interior
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Here's all the latest info:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/2008_intro.htm

The good news is that the dorky bumper with misplaced fog lights has been nicely refreshed, but the bad news, for those who modify, is that it looks like the lower air dam will no longer be removable.

Certainly looks schweet. I'm wondering if that entire lower bumper cover comes off right under the headlights and just leaves the center piece. That would look hawt!!!

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
OnlyInARealJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewman141
Certainly looks schweet. I'm wondering if that entire lower bumper cover comes off right under the headlights and just leaves the center piece. That would look hawt!!!
Yeah it does look real good.

Modifications: Magnaflow Exhaust System, K&N 63 Series Intake System, JET Chip Stage Two, Addco Anti-Sway Bars, 4xGuard Front Guard II, 4xGuard Side Steps With Rock Rails, 4xGuard Rear Guard HC, Mopar Front Suspension Skid Plate, Door Entry Guards, Mopar Tail Light Guards, SRT-8 Sports Pedals, Commander Shifter Knob, Two 10" JL Audio W6v2 Subwoofers, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, And Thule Sport Utility Bars With Six Skis or Four Snowboards Clamps And Fairing.

Up Next: Front Window Tint and 4xGuard Belly Guard HC
OnlyInARealJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

I retract my statement in a previous post. The new headlights/front fascia is sweeeeeeet! Nicely done Jeep

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Lower facia...

Now that I look at it closer, I can see where it detaches. I bet it does look cool without that piece...

I still think those new wheels suck.
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.