2008 Limited trany issue: very hard 5th gear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 Limited trany issue: very hard 5th gear

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Marcus86GLHS

2008 Limited trany issue: very hard 5th gear

with just 1,300 miles on my GC (below) it has now developed a strange transmission issue that it never had before. when the trany is cold, as when i take it out for first time for the day, cruising at low speeds, when it shifts automatically from 4th to 5th the whole things shudders for a fraction of a second and makes like a very hard upshift noise and feel. not smooth at all, it never did this before.

only does it when trany is cold, as in once per day basically. all other shifting is smooth and normal.

anyone have any experience with this? dealer of course says, "bring it in and leave it overnight and we will test it......." just great.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
garsarno

Do not have the same problem as you do with my '07 Hemi Jeep but I did experience the same with a '99 Town Car. They had to replace the torque converter in the transmission
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
Marcus86GLHS

thanks. wonderful.

i experienced the hard upshift maybe 6 times on 6 different occasions.....well i just took her out this morning for a spin and it didnt do it this time but i'll believe its gone only after a lot more driving.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.