2008 Jeep Commander Rear Differential assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 Jeep Commander Rear Differential assembly

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
gpeters84

2008 Jeep Commander Rear Differential assembly

Hi everyone, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Greg, 31 years old, have owned Dodges all my life. I am a Automotive Technician/mechanic. Anyways, a friend of mine bought a 2008 Jeep Commander last week. Long story short, rear end is locked up gets towed to a shop, rear end is fried, gets it towed to me and asks me to fix it. I see no identifying tags on this thing. 10 bolts in the cover. It's a 2008 sport model, I believe full time awd and has a 3.7 6 cylinder. Any other way to identify this thing?

gpeters84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeters84 View Post
Hi everyone, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Greg, 31 years old, have owned Dodges all my life. I am a Automotive Technician/mechanic. Anyways, a friend of mine bought a 2008 Jeep Commander last week. Long story short, rear end is locked up gets towed to a shop, rear end is fried, gets it towed to me and asks me to fix it. I see no identifying tags on this thing. 10 bolts in the cover. It's a 2008 sport model, I believe full time awd and has a 3.7 6 cylinder. Any other way to identify this thing?
I'm fairly certain you'll find that diff is a chrysler 8.25 (part # C213R) with a 3.07 axle ratio . Just to be sure , you can go here and click on equipment listing under "your vehicle" then enter your vin (in all capitals) under equipment listing and you will get an instant build sheet for the jeep .http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...527R%2527%2529

Good luck
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
gpeters84

Thanks! now my next question is are there any other models that use this rearend? Trying to get this fella up and running pretty quick, he mentioned getting a whole rearend from a jy
gpeters84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
yzjwk
2005 WK 

If you have the 3.07 gears then i'm pretty sure your options are limited to the 2005-2010 v6 awd ( quadra-trac 1) Grand cherokee WK or Commander XK models. definitly all the v8 models use different gears and I think the 2wd models use a different diff all together.
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.