2008 Grand Cherrokee 4.7 spark plug change - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 Grand Cherrokee 4.7 spark plug change

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
gadgetmanwalt
2008 WK 

2008 Grand Cherrokee 4.7 spark plug change

I have a 2008 GC Larado 4.7 V8, and I wanted to know which plug do I replace at 30,000 mile according to the owners manual. I set of plugs get replaced at 30K and the other at 100K miles. Is it the top or the bottom plugs. and if any feadback on recommendation on the brand and model I should use? Thanks Gadgetmanwalt

gadgetmanwalt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
cmassey_2006
2006 WK 

Maybe this will help: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Spark plugs

According to the 2008 Owners Manual, page 446, the plugs on top (intake side) are standard grade and need replacing after 30K miles. The plugs on the bottom/side (exhaust side) are premium grade and only need changing after 102K miles.

There are 16 plugs total: 8 on top (intake) and 8 on bottom/side (exhaust).

It looks like the top plugs are Bosch Nickel Yttrium (0.040 gap) and the bottom plugs are Bosch Iridium (0.050 gap). I'd stick with those plugs since they're what your Jeep came with from the factory. Torque specs for all plugs is 20 ft/lbs (be careful not to overtighten).

2007 Silver Jeep WK Laredo 4x4: (Sold) 10K miles, 3.7L V6, auto...

1998 Blue Jeep XJ 4x4: (Sold) @ 156K miles, I6, AW4 tranny, several mods...
cmassey_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
gadgetmanwalt
2008 WK 

Thanks for your help gadgetmanwalt
gadgetmanwalt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.