2008 Grand Cherokee's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 Grand Cherokee's

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
WKJeepGuy24

2008 Grand Cherokee's

The WK's face lift is so sexy. But the new headlights pissed me off when I found out they weren’t xenon's just high-intensity discharge's (HID). Otherwise I absolutely love the new features for 08'.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/2008_intro.htm

Just imagine what the new SRT-8 will look like and how fast it will be and if it will beat the new 08' Cayenne Turbo and ML63.

2006 KJ

Last edited by WKJeepGuy24; 05-08-2007 at 08:34 PM..
WKJeepGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The body looks the same...so does the front end, minus the headlights and bumper/HID's...

The 4.7L sounds nice...24% increase in HP, mmmmm. Then again who wouldn't want the 5.7 option?

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKJeepGuy24
But the new headlights pissed me off when I found out they weren’t xenon's just high-intensity discharge's (HID).
What's the difference?? I'm pretty sure the terms HID and Xenon are interchangeable in the automotive world.

Do you mean that they're not Bi-xenon?

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I believe the grill is taller on the '08s too.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

HID is the name of the lightning technology, but they are still filled with Xenon
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
But the new headlights pissed me off when I found out they weren’t xenon's just high-intensity discharge's (HID).
That's and odd statement. Perhaps you have your lighting terminology confused a bit?
Either way, plain old halogens are still standard except on the overland. Personally I've been waiting years for a Jeep with HIDs.
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
WKJeepGuy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDFoot
That's and odd statement. Perhaps you have your lighting terminology confused a bit?
Either way, plain old halogens are still standard except on the overland. Personally I've been waiting years for a Jeep with HIDs.
Awww, for some odd reason when I wrote that I was thinking Halogens were HID's, my bad. But five people didn't have to call me on it, not one of you commented on the WK's facelift. Anyways has anybody heard or read anything about the 2008 SRT-8?

2006 KJ
WKJeepGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Awww, for some odd reason when I wrote that I was thinking Halogens were HID's, my bad. But five people didn't have to call me on it, not one of you commented on the WK's facelift. Anyways has anybody heard or read anything about the 2008 SRT-8?
Haha, sorry. It tends to happen on JF There's another thread with this same discussion about a couple pages back.

The new facelift is awesome. The fog lights have better placement and it looks like more of the bumper is removable for off-road. The HIDs look good, and the updates to the headlights are very nice. I like the more squared-off grille. It's subtle but it gives it a more aggressive look.

Haven't heard anything about the new SRT-8, but I'm sure that will come out soon. I would expect rear center exhaust to stay, along with the massive air dam up front. Maybe an update to the wheels so the ride isn't so harsh will come as well.

A step in a good direction for Jeep and the Grand Cherokee.

I do wish they would pick up the amber turn signals for the rear lights though. Lucky europeans....

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:29 AM   #9
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Haha sorry... :P

Personally I think the face lift is great. I always had a "problem" with the headlights on the WK. It seems now that the reason I didn't like them was mostly due to that little strip of plastic covered chrome that squared out the bottom of the lights. Removing that and fixing the placement of the fog lights made a vast improvement to me.
Also the idea of having the fog lights remove with the bottom trim piece of the bumper for offroading seems pretty clever.
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #10
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPrat
I do wish they would pick up the amber turn signals for the rear lights though. Lucky europeans....

It's funny, in Europe people wish they would get the all-red tail light look.
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
T-Rated

I'd love to see a picture of the front end with the lower facia removed. It seems like it'd be a hassle to unplug the fog lights whenever you want to do the removal. I wonder if the fog lights stay when the lower facia is removed since they're tucked into the inside corner of the remaining bumper/facia.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #12
OnionCrk

I like the new look, but not enough to move-up from our '06 GC-Ltd Hemi... After having several other 4x4 SUV's, we're hooked on the new Jeep. I'm interested to see the new interior changes too.
OnionCrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.