2008 CRD Starter change info needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2008 CRD Starter change info needed

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Kona4Jeep
2008 WK 

2008 CRD Starter change info needed

Hello, I think the starter may be failing on my 2008 CRD Jeep. Anyone have the thread link for changing it out?

Thanks, Bernie

Kona4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
suzieque
2008 WK 

Here you go, you may have to join the aussie website to view the pictures. The instructions are for a right hand drive jeep, so the bad news is that you have go deal with the steering column which will make it much more difficult to remove.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...hlight=Starter
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Drewd

Kona,
If you can see it, try this first: A couple good whacks with a hammer. You'd be surprised how often this fixes starters or alternators that have stuck brushes.
Drewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
chrali
2006 XK Commander 

You don't say why you think the starter is failing, as in noises etc, so are you sure its the starter and not the wiring harness to the starter, they can corrode....
chrali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Kona4Jeep
2008 WK 

Starter

Turning the key I get a distinctive click from the starter area. Lights dim as if the starter is getting current. It was a Canadian Jeep and def had some rust that I did my best to prevent from spreading. Looks like I can only get to it from the side thru the wheel well opening.
Kona4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.