2007 XK Windshield Washer Pump wont pump below 25 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-27-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
IBGRMPY
2007 XK Commander 

2007 XK Windshield Washer Pump wont pump below 25

I'm confused so maybe someone can help. Whenever the outside temp gets below 25 degrees my pump just stops working. It works fine at 30 degrees even 28, but as soon as the temp falls below 25 it just won't pump. The fluid in the container is -25 degree fluid and it's not frozen. I can't even here the pump come on. As soon as the temp is around 35 degrees it will start working again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 11:03 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBGRMPY View Post
I'm confused so maybe someone can help. Whenever the outside temp gets below 25 degrees my pump just stops working. It works fine at 30 degrees even 28, but as soon as the temp falls below 25 it just won't pump. The fluid in the container is -25 degree fluid and it's not frozen. I can't even here the pump come on. As soon as the temp is around 35 degrees it will start working again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
Hey IBGRMPY,

I am sorry to hear about your Commanderís windshield wiper issue. Unfortunately, I could not find any service bulletins that related to your vehicle. I would advise you to have your vehicleís behavior formally diagnosed at an FCA certified dealership. IF you have any further questions, please donít hesitate to reach out.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
IBGRMPY
2007 XK Commander 

The pump has started working again after the ice has melted off of the vehicle, i.e. running boards ect. I believe there is splashback getting on the motor and the motor is literally freezing until the ice melts off of it. I'm not sure where it is mounted, but I will be looking at it this weekend. As far as taking it to a dealer, LOLOLOLOLOL.....yea I still have engine light on thanks to spending $600 for the dealer to "fix" my charcoal filter. If it breaks I will fix it, but thank you.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 AM
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Is there non-winter washer fluid that hasn't been flushed out of the lines yet? I'd run the washers for a bit to flush out the lines real good.

2007 CRD Limited w/QDII
GDE HOT Tune, Turbo Resonator Delete
2" RC lift
184,000+ miles!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
IBGRMPY
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
Is there non-winter washer fluid that hasn't been flushed out of the lines yet? I'd run the washers for a bit to flush out the lines real good.
As stated in my original post the fluid in the container is -25. I put the fluids in myself, I don't trust the dealer or any other place that likes to water things down.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 12:55 PM
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBGRMPY View Post
As stated in my original post the fluid in the container is -25.
Yes, I read that just fine.

What I'm saying is that you probably changed from non-winter washer fluid to the -25 stuff you said you put in the tank.
BUT, since the lines are several feet long, there's probably still some non-winter fluid in there that is freezing, and plugging up the line.

2007 CRD Limited w/QDII
GDE HOT Tune, Turbo Resonator Delete
2" RC lift
184,000+ miles!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Nejeep

Does your rear window washer work? Unlike the older GCs which use 2 pumps, the WK/XK uses a single pump for both front and rear washer nozzles. Not sure how it accomplishes that, but the hoses for both attach at the pump discharge on the reservoir. If you didnt flush out the rear line, the water may be freezing at the pump discharge and blocking both lines. At least a theory to investigate.

Here is a link to a related discussion and some diagrams.
http://www.**********.org/f181/wiper...ng-2475-2.html

Good Luck

06 Laredo - 4x4 V6 - Stone White - Custom LED Cargo Area Lights, Lighted Visors Added - now at 49k miles

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.