2007 XK - Lurching or stalling? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 XK - Lurching or stalling?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
SDCommander

2007 XK - Lurching or stalling?

New member here...

I searched on the "Lurching" topic and did not find anything, then found a bunch related to stalling. I am not sure I would classify the problem I experienced as "stalling", therefore I am posting to hear any info or possible recalls that I have not been able to find.

Twice now, while sitting at an intersection, brakes applied, tranny in Drive, the vehicle has "lurched" forward almost a foot or two. If I had been closer to the car in front of me, I would have hit it for sure. This is a complete and sudden action with no warning. It happened so fast I could not tell if it actually stalled. It feels more like what it would do if you applied the gas while holding the brake down.

Any experiences with this, please advise. This is a lease, I will be taking it to the dealer on Monday, however I am hoping to gather any intelligence possible before that visit.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by SDCommander; 12-08-2007 at 06:05 PM..
SDCommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
SDCommander

Did some further searching and found this article:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...pin_jeeps.html

Apparently my 2007 Commander is "Jumping"!
SDCommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.