2007 WK Hemi Limited KEY PROBLEM - IOD FUSE OUT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 WK Hemi Limited KEY PROBLEM - IOD FUSE OUT

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
fourtrax450r
2007 WK 

2007 WK Hemi Limited KEY PROBLEM - IOD FUSE OUT

Okay so, 2007 Grand Cherokee Hemi Limited.

One of the keys went bad. I would put it in, start it. it would idle then cut out. electrical cut out. Checked and pulled fuses and relays. key went bad, so i got the other key. worked fine for a day. Got the truck home and up came IOD FUSE OUT on the display. Okay, not a big deal 40 amp fuse in the JD POWER slot. bad news is the fuse is fine. So now The truck at this point the keyless entry does not work at all. no signal getting the the truck? radio doesnt work, compass doesnt work. all the unimportant things we hold so dear to our hearts, gone. Now in the mornings either everything is back to normal, or the keyless entry wont work, but almost everything else will. I replaced 5 relays and fuses galore. it worked for one 45 mile run then went back to the IOD FUSE OUT. Every now and then it will stall once.

so now I am stuck with one key that wont initiate anything on the fob, IOD FUSE OUT kicks on and off like crazy on the display, and more and more things aren't working

do i need new programmed keys?
can i program a new key with only one working key?
can i reprogram the broken key?
do i need an Ignition module? (seems like when i jiggle the key i can get the IOD FUSE OUT to come on and off)

This has been a major headache and inconvenience, when my truck doesnt want to start.

I love my jeep, but if someone stole it tomorrow, I'd be a happy man right now.

fourtrax450r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

Is the IOD carrier inserted all the way into the fusebox and securely locked in place?
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

My WAG would be corrosion/dirt in the PDC/FCM areas.. separate, inspect, and reseat all the connectors, inspect the fuse sockets and clean as needed.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtrax450r View Post
Okay so, 2007 Grand Cherokee Hemi Limited.

One of the keys went bad. I would put it in, start it. it would idle then cut out. electrical cut out. Checked and pulled fuses and relays. key went bad, so i got the other key. worked fine for a day. Got the truck home and up came IOD FUSE OUT on the display. Okay, not a big deal 40 amp fuse in the JD POWER slot. bad news is the fuse is fine. So now The truck at this point the keyless entry does not work at all. no signal getting the the truck? radio doesnt work, compass doesnt work. all the unimportant things we hold so dear to our hearts, gone. Now in the mornings either everything is back to normal, or the keyless entry wont work, but almost everything else will. I replaced 5 relays and fuses galore. it worked for one 45 mile run then went back to the IOD FUSE OUT. Every now and then it will stall once.

so now I am stuck with one key that wont initiate anything on the fob, IOD FUSE OUT kicks on and off like crazy on the display, and more and more things aren't working

do i need new programmed keys?
can i program a new key with only one working key?
can i reprogram the broken key?
do i need an Ignition module? (seems like when i jiggle the key i can get the IOD FUSE OUT to come on and off)

This has been a major headache and inconvenience, when my truck doesnt want to start.

I love my jeep, but if someone stole it tomorrow, I'd be a happy man right now.
Just out of curiosity, has any work been done that involved wiring?

First thing that comes to mind is the WCM (wireless control module) or sometimes known as ignition module. The WCM stores the code for the remote functions as well like keyless entry, tire pressure monitor, etc.
I think they had some problems with WCMs but you'ld have to check for any TSBs (technical service bulletins) on that. What you can do is check wiring connectors and grounds in the dash area, make sure the connectors are snapped in and that you are getting good grounds. The grounds are along some parts of the dash steel frame and the main one, I think is under the carpet driver's side, where the dash/console meet the carpet.

You need two keys to be able to program another key yourself using the owners manual. Chrysler uses different suppliers for keys and WCMs but for the WK, I don't believe the key can retain a different code than the original one.
YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
fourtrax450r
2007 WK 

Great Info, I am checking out the WCM tomorrow, and checking grounds as well. It drives me nuts and it does seem like a loose connection.
fourtrax450r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
HEMI35
2007 WK 

what about the battery? I had the same problem when I bought it, and they changed the battery and the brushes on the starter engine, reprogrammed the 1 non working key and since that it starts with no problem (before it had a lazy starting and sometimes it didnīt start at all)
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
JMorash
2005 WK 

You know what did it for me.

I had the same Problem. I disconnect the battery for 10 Minutes and then reconnected. Car started right up. Had to to do it twice in 2 weeks. and since then 4 months later havent had any issues.
HEMI Club Member #28

3.5 Rock crawler lift.265/65R17 Toyo AT SuperChips Flashpaq MDS delete
JMorash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.