2007 overland won't heat up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 overland won't heat up

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
biggysized

2007 overland won't heat up

Since it started getting cold I've noticed that my heat doesn't seem to be working. I will let my jeep warm up try the heat and nothing but cold air. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am leaning towards the thermostat.

I have been looking for any writeups on how to replace it in the diy section but can't find anything is it hard to do ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what you guys think it might be. I also thought it might be the heater core but I haven't had the slightest smell of coolant or any signs of it going. Thanks for reading .

biggysized is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

If the temperature guage is moving shortly after startup and the engine reaches normal operating temperature , then your thermostat is most likely working and i would look at a blend door issue of some sort .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Sounds like the tstat is sticking.

Edit - I agree with yzjwk, though, if it's just your heat and the Jeep is running up to operating temp then I'd look at your heater core.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
biggysized

I will drive it tonight and update you all about the temp gage in the dash.
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

Also check coolant levels, no coolant in the engine equals bad.
1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
biggysized

Okay guys so I drove it and Temp gauge seems to be normal on gauge only thing I noticed was the gauge was getting a little over than normal but when i stopped I heard the fan cut on and temp gauge went back to normal now another thing I noticed was I had heat on full blast and it was working normal but when I turned it to defrost and then turned it back to top vents as normal it was really cold and then a few seconds later it heated up again as normal.

I am very hesitant to switch it between defrost and top vents because I am starting to think it is a blend door issue hopefully not because im sure its pricey.

I am going to check coolant levels it has been a while since ive done that. Thanks for all the help guys.
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
biggysized

Topped off my coolant levels and problem solved thanks for the help guys
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

Check your waterpump and radiator. It would be wise to figure out where the coolant is going.....
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
biggysized

Good idea yea when I topped it off it has basically solves all my problems and it's been a while since I checked coolant levels probably in 15k miles I know bad on me I don't have vehicle a lot my wife drives it ima do a flush here soon check for any leaks while I'm at it

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.