2007 jgc 5.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 jgc 5.7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-23-2014, 03:54 AM   #1
mjmiam1

2007 jgc 5.7

Hey everyone. I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse with this issue. Did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

To the question.

I test drove a 2007 Grand Cherokee 5.7 4x4 today. 97k mikes. Asking 13k. The vehicle had a "shutter" if you will during light acceleration. What are some common problems to cause this issue? Is this something worth getting involved in? Or will it haunt me in the future? I know this is not much information. Any kinda direction or experience with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

mjmiam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

It could be a couple of things,if you really want the motor, get a complete fluid service done. By the dealer, Diffs, tranny and transfercase. If the incorrect fluid is in the axles this could be the cause, the diffs are ELSD and require mopar additive in each fluid change. Binding at low speeds sounds like the fluid is wrong or has no additive. The trucks are really sensitive about they're fluid!!! ;-)
Craigyfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
mjmiam1

Appreciate that!
mjmiam1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.