2007 Jeep grand cherokee starting problems. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Jeep grand cherokee starting problems.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
jakeblaine

2007 Jeep grand cherokee starting problems.

I have been having starting problems with my 2007 jeep grand cherokee ever since I bought it.it would usually take about two to three cranks to get the engine to turn over. It had me really worried I didn't know if it was the battery or starter or another problem. I've done basic mechanic work on cars I ei: changing the oil, air filter just basic things. So I didn't know if I could fix this myself. I did a lot of research online and a lot of people said that the problem was a yellow wire connecting to the starter that would become corroded. I was skeptical if this could fix my problem or if I could even find the starter or could tell what it even look like. I just started looking under my jeep and found what I thought was the starter and sure enough found a yellow wire. I just moved it and moved it around for about 10 to 15 seconds. Jeep fires right up like its never done that before. Now my remote starter works. Before it never would work maybe once every 10 tries it would work. Now the remote starter fires up every time the Jeep cranks up every time and my Jeep starting problems are over. Looking on the internet there's a lot of people with this problem and I just wanted to post this to let people know to try to find the yellow wire and moving around and that should make the Jeep start right up.

Also..This may happen again of the yellow wire isn't wrapped up to prevent corrosion or whatever.

jakeblaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.