2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Stalling Problem - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Stalling Problem

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #91
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK-916 View Post
apologies.... i thought they overlooked it... man I would light a match
LOL, yep I hear ya. Going to call them today and see if the PCM has made it in yet. Been on order for a while now.

charlesrshell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #92
WK-916

First PCM?

goodluck bro
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #93
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Quote:
First PCM?

goodluck bro
WK-916, this is the second PCM they will be changing for the same exact problem. I mentioned it when I started this thread. See post #1.
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #94
007overland
2007 WK 

Well they changed it today and still stalling. Chuck I would like to give my dealer your dealers information so they may work at this "together". My dealers is waiting for the engineers at Chrysler Canada for a solution but it's them who wanted the ignition switch changed so I have my doubts about their knowledge of this situation. Can you pm me the details of you dealer or I could send you mine.

This is absolutely crazy how they don't know what to do. At this point I'm losing faith in jeep, and I'm actually talking my wife out of getting a 2k11 gc.

I'm driving a rental now and I don't know how long I will be without my truck. Just a question but if they cant fix it after a couple of weeks to a month what will they do? Give me back my jug of lemonade? Is there a way to get replacement truck of equal value or the same truck? I'm so confused and unhappy with my truck, since I bought it last year(may 2010) it's been to the dealer so many time for (4times for the transmission 3 rebuilds) valve bodies, tps throttle body, PCM and so many other reasons.
007overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #95
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007overland View Post
Well they changed it today and still stalling. Chuck I would like to give my dealer your dealers information so they may work at this "together". My dealers is waiting for the engineers at Chrysler Canada for a solution but it's them who wanted the ignition switch changed so I have my doubts about their knowledge of this situation. Can you pm me the details of you dealer or I could send you mine.

This is absolutely crazy how they don't know what to do. At this point I'm losing faith in jeep, and I'm actually talking my wife out of getting a 2k11 gc.

I'm driving a rental now and I don't know how long I will be without my truck. Just a question but if they cant fix it after a couple of weeks to a month what will they do? Give me back my jug of lemonade? Is there a way to get replacement truck of equal value or the same truck? I'm so confused and unhappy with my truck, since I bought it last year(may 2010) it's been to the dealer so many time for (4times for the transmission 3 rebuilds) valve bodies, tps throttle body, PCM and so many other reasons.
I am not sure what will happen if they can't fix it. Your truck is still under the factory warranty. My Jeep is in the extended warranty plan we purchased with the dealership when we bought it in 2007. You might want to dig in to the Lemon laws if Canada has such a thing. There might be something you can do. Sure, I will send you a PM with the dealership's info. A while back I printed this whole thread and gave it to the technician that is in charge of my Jeep. That is why he tried changing out the crank and cam sensor and some other things. He is lost on what to do next. He is working under the guidance of engineers at Chrysler somewhere in the states.
Unread 03-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #96
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Update: PCM is back-ordered. Dealership does not know when it will be delivered.
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #97
WK-916

WOW!

Don't loose faith.... not all cars off the line are the same.

I was doing a pre-delivery Inspection on a brand new 2010 Silverdao and took it for the test drive.... started overheating!

Pulled the water pump off and there was no impeller in the waterpump!

Disgruntled Union workers can ruin your day.... think you got one of these...

Tell em to shove it up their a** and buy a new one
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #98
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Quote:
WOW!

Don't loose faith.... not all cars off the line are the same.

I was doing a pre-delivery Inspection on a brand new 2010 Silverdao and took it for the test drive.... started overheating!

Pulled the water pump off and there was no impeller in the waterpump!

Disgruntled Union workers can ruin your day.... think you got one of these...

Tell em to shove it up their a** and buy a new one
WOW on the water pump. I am not so sure if we will ever buy another Chrysler product. Really leary now. We are afraid to take a road trip now in out Jeep if they ever get it fixed. I am not real sure how the Lemon Laws work, the factory warranty has run out. We are in the first year of the extended warranty we purchased with the dealer when we bought our Jeep in 2007. Have been looking at the GMC Terrains.
Unread 03-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #99
teandersen
2014 WK 

Stalling problem

For what it is worth, I have a 2009 Grand Cherokee Overland with the 5.7l hemi that had a wierd stalling problem. It currently has 75,000 miles. When I first bought it in 09 the rear proximity warning device did not function but as it has the rear camera I didn't think much about it. Every few thousand miles from new I would be driving along and all of the sudden the dash warning lights would go haywire (flash on and off and then the panel would go blank). On some occasions the engine would stall, other times it would continue to run and within a short period of time everything would return to normal. I assumed that something was causing resetting of the computer or a PLC somewhere in the vehicle. It was not throwing codes when this happened and I was reluctant to leave it at the dealer due to the infrequent nature of the problem. Just before the warrantee expired (not the lifetime drivetrain but the 3yr, 36,000mi one) I figured it would be a good idea to have it serviced and get the problems on record. I mentioned the computer reset, the rear proximity warning, excessive drivetrain noise and a few other squaks. The dealer could not find any problems other than a stripped wire in the rear proximity warning system that was shorting out somewhere in the rear of the vehicle. Since that wire was repaired 40,000 miles ago (last summer- I drive a lot), I have not experienced the computer reset. I suspect that the computer reset was related to the shorted wire (or perhaps another wire/connector that was disturbed/re-set during the diagnostic process). This may not exactly relate to your problem but might give you some insight on how your vehicle might behave with a wire fault.

The other thing I wouldn't discount is a programming issue. Prior to the 09 Overland, I had an 07 Overland which had a wierd brake issue where the brakes would not work after I coasted down a long hill, continued to coast uphill and applied braking at specific speeds. The ABS would kick in and pulse the pedal. I had two dealers look at it and they thought it was my imagination. The more often it happened, the better I got at duplicating the exact conditions leading to the problem. I was able to make a video of the problem which ended up back at Jeep which ended up in a recall to re-progam the ABS (see 2007 Jeep GRAND CHEROKEE Recall ID from NHTSA: 07V434000). My point with that is that if there is any common condition when the stalls occur or occur more often (like temperature, fuel level, lots of short drives, etc.) or any other systems that act quirky, try to make note of them to assist in the diagnosis.
teandersen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #100
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

Thanks for your inputs teandersen. I will pass them along to the dealership. I too think there is a stripped wire grounding someplace or a module going crazy. The PCM is still on order for my Jeep. They don't know when it will be in. I wonder why there is a shortage of PCMs! I wish my Jeep was still under the basic warranty. I sure would like to lemonize it. Have been reading up on the lemon laws a little. May have to have an attorney to check in to things for me but I don't think there is much hope.
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #101
007overland
2007 WK 

How do you find the 009 overland?

I'm still waiting for the dealer to diagnose the stalling issue. In the mean time im driving a Yukon that's gonna send me bankrupt on gas....

I called chrysler Canada and they told me the dealers logging my PCM and other computers so they can send the data to their engineers. I can't believe this, I find this so ridiculous that all these sensors that always break and now I need a code and according to them all is good. I would consider a newer grand Cherokee but I'm afraid of this problem.

I did a little research on lemon laws and it passes throughout an arbitrator, but who has time for All of that?

I really hope they fix this soon I really miss my truck
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:04 AM   #102
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

I hope the Lemon Law helps you get a new Overland if that is what you wish for. We really like our 07 Overland. It has all the options plus we had approximately $1500 dealer accessories installed on it before we took delivery. I have read up on the new Overlands. They say they are awesome.
Unread 03-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #103
teandersen
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007overland View Post
How do you find the 009 overland?

I'm still waiting for the dealer to diagnose the stalling issue. In the mean time im driving a Yukon that's gonna send me bankrupt on gas....

I called chrysler Canada and they told me the dealers logging my PCM and other computers so they can send the data to their engineers. I can't believe this, I find this so ridiculous that all these sensors that always break and now I need a code and according to them all is good. I would consider a newer grand Cherokee but I'm afraid of this problem.

I did a little research on lemon laws and it passes throughout an arbitrator, but who has time for All of that?

I really hope they fix this soon I really miss my truck
I am generally pleased with the 09 but note that the drivetrain is noisier than previous versions I owned (the dealer told me that it is normal). If I could improve a few things, I would like better fuel economy, the seats could be thinner (they take up too much interior room), the GPS could have more accurate software (of course for $200 I could buy a software upgrade) and they could skinny up the outside dimensions a tad. I like the fact that tires last 75,000 miles, brakes last more than 125,000. Something I found out about my 09 Jeep GC Overland this weekend is the spark plugs are longer than my previous hemi's had (1" of thread VS. 3/4"). I had to re-order plugs this morning as the plugs shown on-line for my vehicle do not fit. FYI, the ones I took out are NGK LZFR5C. I was initially going with Iridium but after reading this forum, I decided to go with stock (which have lasted 75,000 miles). Also, for what it is worth, I have been using Mobil One Extended Performance oil in my last several Grand Cherokee's with 15,000 mile oil changes and some of those went past 300,000 miles without engine problems.
teandersen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #104
007overland
2007 WK 

Thanks fOr replies,

Charles I would love the 2K11 however I have no confidence left in jeep. I had an 02 overland that never cause any problems, so I wanted the 07 but with the experience I'm going through Im very hesitant. Thank god I got the extended warranty for this one, I'd be out do much qt this point.

Teanderson, I believe the 09 is quite a bit better than 07. I like what they did to the head lights and fog lights. And your gps is uconnect isn't it? I would like that radio. Doesn't that hemi have more guts? Plus your fuel mileage is heller than mine and you still don't like it what are you getting? On the highway I'm getting 20 ish mp/g. I'm content with this but the variable cams is something Id like to also have.

I'm gonna post the update if I get one lol.

This really sucks
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #105
charlesrshell
2007 WK 

I hear ya 007overland. I have lost confidence too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.