2007 jeep grand cherokee overland hemi 5.7 engine failure advice needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 jeep grand cherokee overland hemi 5.7 engine failure advice needed

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
karl7007
2007 WK 

2007 jeep grand cherokee overland hemi 5.7 engine failure advice needed

Hi

I have a uk model 2007 hemi overland it had a water leak and air lock and failed with terminal engine damage i have pulled the engine out to check damage but its not
Worth a repair its destroyed, i have a option to get a new hemi 5.7 engine but its from a dodge ram hemi 5.7 with mds year 2011 , would this fit my 2007 model jeep grand cherokee overland? I have full engine numbers from the new dodge engine just need someone to give me some advice i did speak to jeep dealer i brought my jeep from and they didnt want to know, ok when they took my money the first time hey? Id think they wanted the job, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers karl

karl7007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
jeepsrgood4u
2009 WK 

Actually no idea from me.. You might be on your own on the research aspect. I believe there may be a lot you may have to look into in finer detail as mounting in engine bay, transmission, wiring.List goes on and on. Not as easy as it used to be with swapping motors in vehicles as it used to be
jeepsrgood4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

I believe it's the same 5.7l engine. The external components are different or in different places (fan, air intake, etc.).
10Xk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.